Got PP stamped today at SJ office.. leaving for India tomorrow

this_processing_kills_me

Registered Users (C)
This won't be a long write up detailing my experiences at the SJ center.

Key takeaways:

1. INFOPASS appointment is a MUST. The guard won't allow you in unless you show him the printout of the appointment letter.

2. Show up 15 minutes before appointment time. Any time earlier than that, and you won't be allowed in (unless it's not a busy day).

3. I surrendered the following:

I-94
Courtesy Copy of Approval Notice (the officer asked specifically for the one that was mailed to my current address)
3 APs
3 EADs

4. I came home, after 1 hour, with the original approval notice (it was never asked for), and the stamp in the passport which is valid for a year. They also write the A# on the stamp. Make sure it's the correct one.

Couple of questions:

1. Is surrendering courtesy copy okay? Not that I can do anything about it now. I would imagine that as long as I have the original approval notice, I shouldn't have any problems during my trip to India.

2. The date on the stamp says "8/24/04", when in fact today is 8/25 (the stamp is valid until 8/24/05). This was a slight oversight on my part, and I should have caught this at the time of stamping. Can someone confirm if this isn't a big deal?

Thanks everyone!

I'll see you guys around mid-Sept.

_this

Even in my case, the officier, looked at the computer and entered a date (a little earlier) than the one on my approval notice.

This should not be a problem.

Enjoy your trip to India.

this_processing_killsMe said:
This won't be a long write up detailing my experiences at the SJ center.

Key takeaways:

1. INFOPASS appointment is a MUST. The guard won't allow you in unless you show him the printout of the appointment letter.

2. Show up 15 minutes before appointment time. Any time earlier than that, and you won't be allowed in (unless it's not a busy day).

3. I surrendered the following:

I-94
Courtesy Copy of Approval Notice (the officer asked specifically for the one that was mailed to my current address)
3 APs
3 EADs

4. I came home, after 1 hour, with the original approval notice (it was never asked for), and the stamp in the passport which is valid for a year. They also write the A# on the stamp. Make sure it's the correct one.

Couple of questions:

1. Is surrendering courtesy copy okay? Not that I can do anything about it now. I would imagine that as long as I have the original approval notice, I shouldn't have any problems during my trip to India.

2. The date on the stamp says "8/24/04", when in fact today is 8/25 (the stamp is valid until 8/24/05). This was a slight oversight on my part, and I should have caught this at the time of stamping. Can someone confirm if this isn't a big deal?

Thanks everyone!

I'll see you guys around mid-Sept.

_this

Reg your question #1:
Once you get the PP stamped, your approval notice is just a souvenir :D
Shouldn't be a big deal - your stamp should be all that is needed for re-entry.

140_takes_4ever said:
Great that you got your approval notice before leaving. Looks like INS finally got things right for you.
it must be his id that he must have accidentaly revealed to USCIS which worked for him to make USCIS get things right on his case.

Thanks everyone!

I am looking forward to a relatively tension-free travel to India. I'll be in touch once I get back. I leave tonight for Delhi on Lufthansa. If anyone else is leaving tonight on the same flight, feel free to page for this_processing_killsMe :)

_this