Got Plastic card

Njie

RD and ND DEC 2000
FP I guess it is first week of may 2000.
August 31st used AC21 and changed job (Lawyer send out a letter for the same with pay slip from old and new employers and a letter from new employer)
RFE for birth certificate Nov 2001
i-485 approval 31 Jan 2002
passport stapping 13 feb 2002
plastic card received on 16 march 2002

Good luck to all. And many many thanks to Immigrationportal.

After passport stamping INS officer order for Plastic card ..

Am I right guys ?
I have done passport stamping and waiting for card ..

RFE Details

RFE is for me (Primary applicant). I had a regular Birth certificate from India. But my lawyer forgot to put it along with the i-485 application. Hence i got the RFE.

Yes, Your are correct

Yes, You are correct!. The officer who stamped my passport told me that it would take anywhere between 6 months to 1 year. But by gods grace i got it in a month

No Title

ND_Dec2000,
Congratulations on your freedom.

I have a question about your RFE in addition to the reply you have already given. When you sent the RFE reply did you submit only the Birth Ceritificate from India or Affidavits along with it ?

If only Birth Certificate then was it issues around the time you were born or was issued in recent past.

Please reply.

Thanks,

Amit

No Title

Hi Amit,
   I just faxed my brith certificate to my lawyer. My lawyer did the rest. Actually the copy of the birth certificate which i had was issued 10 year ago. It had my name, my parents name and place of birth in english.

/Anand

FYI If you donot get the card with 90 days of the date of stamping

you can send Form G-731V Inquiry About Status of I-551 Alien Registration card. THe form\'s instructions are self explanatory