Got Passport Stamped

Deepesh Jiwani

Registered Users (C)
I went for my passport stamping this morning in newark federal building. Few ppl had asked me to go there at 7:00 as they don't take ppl once the quotta is over. I started from my place at 7:30 and figured will reach there at 7:45 as its only 10 minutes.

I lost my way as there was a detour and later reached the building at 7:55. Parked the car and found only few ppl waiting in line and to my surprise no Indians. I am a proud Indian.

Was waiting in the line, not to mention it was freezing cold this morning and suddenly one person chinese came from inside and said all 485 ppl go on the other side of the building. Guess What??/

now I was the first person on the line. He gave me a token. 307. went through the scanner and later reached on 10th floor. there were 6 ppl in front of me, God knows where they came from so early. Got my first finger printed on a piece of form, forward and backward.

Anyways I was called in like 10 minutes, she checked my papers and I had 3 H1 b visa papers, 3 Papers for Advance parole, 2 485 approval copy, I 94, 2 EAD's and 2 Pictures. She said how many documents you have and I am like --- what's ur problem, I got all my attorney gave me.

She did staple all of them to gether and said will call me after background check. 10 minutes later she caleld me, stamped my passport and congratulated me.

SSN office was next door, applied new SSN also.

Passport stamp reads I 551, isn't there something as I 81 or I 189 or something like that>>

Anyways hopefully this is the end of GC process

Wish you all the LUCK for approvals

Deepesh J

Deepesh Jiwani

Just curious , why did you submitted you H1 paper's for Stamping

I did my Stamping a month back , As per my Lawyer, was asked to submit AP/EAD/I485 Approval Notice & photos

Re: applied for SSN?

Originally posted by spk_321
Do we need to apply for new ssn after GC stamping?

Yes. I presume your SS # will remain the same, however, your new SS card will now have no conditions for work. Check your old/current card, it'll say something like 'INS Authorization required for work.' These are not the exact words, just to give you an idea.

Congrats...

I have one question....

How much time is needed for online message changes......after stamping.....

Does INS change online message.?
How long it takes after stamping?
Card ordered message?

Does anyone know about this.?

how soon we need to inform ssa

Hi mavishka,

Thanks for the info. I got it. But how soon we need to make this change in SSA.

My stamping was done on 11/07. Still waiting for the Card. Can wait till I get the "CARD"?

Thanks

feb140--is it going to be a problem

Hi,
I submitted all the papers I had with me. Don't know If i did the right thing.

My lawyer did not say anything.

Is it going to be a problem?

Deepesh J

Deepesh Jiwani

I dont see submitting H1 will create any problems at all , H1 paper is not going to be used any more ..

Dont Worry it wont create any problem

Enjoy