Got Passport Stamped today (07/27/04) at SFO

ranisu2003

Registered Users (C)
Reached at Washington street line around 6:40AM. By that time, 100 people were standing before me. As my husband got his passport stamping done few days back, we had some prior experience about it. Around 7:15AM, one Lady inspector came and asked for Approval letter. Once we showed the same, she picked up few folks from the line (whoever was showing her the approval letter) and told us to follow her to Sansome entrance. At the entrance, Security asked for ticket and we said, Lady inspector told us to come here. Immediately we were allowed inside (there was hardly any line in sansome street). Once we came in after the security check was performed, we were told to stand in a hall way. The same Lady inspector re-appeared with some tickets and distributed among us. Once we went to the waiting place for our turn to come, there were some announcement saying that, please keep the photocopy of your passport (where your picture and other info are visible) and any US ID ready before going to the counter. As we did not have the photocopy of the same, inside the building, there is a shop to do that. So, we took one page Xerox of my passport and another page Xerox for Driving License and came back to the waiting queue. Looks like, if you are picked up by some officer from the line, you need to provide those Xeroxs. This photocopy hassle was not there when my husband went for stamping 15 days back because he came thru Washington Avenue. Anyway, around 8:15AM my turn came and I was done by 8:30AM. For me Lady took 2 signature and 2FP (for my husband it was only 1 though) and said, Card will take 6months to 1 year time to come. And I was done with the whole 3 years saga. If it helps, following docs they took from me.
1> Approval notice
2> 2 copies of photo
3> All APs
4> All EADs
5> Photo copies I made for Passport and Dr License
I feel, go there around 6:30AM and you will be done in 2 hours and if you see Inspector is picking up people, rush there.
Regards,
Ranisu2003
Wac02-217
RD June 02
AD 07/21/04
Stamped: 07/27/04

Can you post your FP dates?

ranisu2003 said:
Reached at Washington street line around 6:40AM. By that time, 100 people were standing before me. As my husband got his passport stamping done few days back, we had some prior experience about it. Around 7:15AM, one Lady inspector came and asked for Approval letter. Once we showed the same, she picked up few folks from the line (whoever was showing her the approval letter) and told us to follow her to Sansome entrance. At the entrance, Security asked for ticket and we said, Lady inspector told us to come here. Immediately we were allowed inside (there was hardly any line in sansome street). Once we came in after the security check was performed, we were told to stand in a hall way. The same Lady inspector re-appeared with some tickets and distributed among us. Once we went to the waiting place for our turn to come, there were some announcement saying that, please keep the photocopy of your passport (where your picture and other info are visible) and any US ID ready before going to the counter. As we did not have the photocopy of the same, inside the building, there is a shop to do that. So, we took one page Xerox of my passport and another page Xerox for Driving License and came back to the waiting queue. Looks like, if you are picked up by some officer from the line, you need to provide those Xeroxs. This photocopy hassle was not there when my husband went for stamping 15 days back because he came thru Washington Avenue. Anyway, around 8:15AM my turn came and I was done by 8:30AM. For me Lady took 2 signature and 2FP (for my husband it was only 1 though) and said, Card will take 6months to 1 year time to come. And I was done with the whole 3 years saga. If it helps, following docs they took from me.
1> Approval notice
2> 2 copies of photo
3> All APs
4> All EADs
5> Photo copies I made for Passport and Dr License
I feel, go there around 6:30AM and you will be done in 2 hours and if you see Inspector is picking up people, rush there.
Regards,
Ranisu2003
Wac02-217
RD June 02
AD 07/21/04
Stamped: 07/27/04