Got name check cleared

Texaswala

Registered Users (C)
Guys: Just wanted to let you know that my name check was stuck for 2 years. I just heard from a Senator's office that it was cleared. :) This is what I did, not sure what exactly worked:

1. Wrote letters to Mr. Cannon in July, Aug and Sept of 2005
2. Wrote a letter to Mr. Hotoon in Sept 2005
3. Requested my info under FOIPA in Aug. Received it in 2 weeks with "no records found". Sent that FBI letter to Mr. Cannon
4. Contacted Senator's office in my state. Explained them the situation and requested help. Got nowhere with that.
5. My company contacted Senator's office in another state (where my company is HQ ed). This office gave me the info that the Name Check has been cleared.

After going thru all this, I learned that my Name check was cleared almost 3 months back. Thats why I'm not exactly sure what worked. Though I think getting the FOIPA letter and attaching it helps. Now I hope the Retrogression will move and we all can be happy campers :)

If you want more details around FOIPA, how to contact FBI etc, pls do a search for Rahul Kumar's posting on "My name check experience thread". That posting has excellent info.

Good luck to everyone!

hearty congrats!
:D :D
I don't think the FOIA helped though. they are just cracking the pending cases

Texaswala!!

Do you know when your Namecheck was first requested by USCIS from FBI!

My namecheck is stuck with FBI since April 2004.