Got my passport with middle name initial, not full middle name. Is this a problem?

Hi IPL-fan
I know a friend who has traveled many times with US passport with middle initial only and his DL with middle initial too.

By the way, did you use middle initial or full name in the PP application form?

Thanks

Hi usaflyingeagle,

I did fill up the PP application form with full middle name.

When I got the passport & PP card, under the given names, it has my first name and middle name initial.

I was expecting there will be a separate name for middle name. But its combined with the given name.

My DL has all my names expanded.

This is what worries me.

I did get a call from PP center few days before I received my PP. That person said, he couldn't accommodate my full middle name and is it ok if he puts just the middle name initial. Also he mentioned that in the PP database, it will have my full middle name. I said ok if it won't cause any problem and i assumed there will be first name, middle name and last name. But when I got the passport, I noticed it has only Surname and Given names.

IPL-fan I don't think that's going to be problem. They really don't give too much importance to middle name.

My middle name is long as well so they just put firstname initial lastname in passport and pp card although I put my full middle name in the application. I also wish they had put my whole middle name.

IPL-fan I don't think that's going to be problem. They really don't give too much importance to middle name.

My middle name is long as well so they just put firstname initial lastname in passport and pp card although I put my full middle name in the application. I also wish they had put my whole middle name.

Thanks smdk for sharing this. I hope it doesn't cause any problem in the future.

IPL-fan,
There is nothing to worry, in US all the id's, passport every thing gets printed with only middle name inital and they prefer to accept in that way. If you are trying to apply for OCI still it not a problem as long as the first name and the last name didn't change. Don't compare it with Indian passport as they have very very lengthy field to accomodate all four generation name in that field. In US they have very specific field length for each field. I work on gov realted forms, we can enter only the inital in the middle name field or leave it blank while submitting the data.

Nothing to worry about here, all US passports come with just the middle initial.
Not true at all. All US passports that I have seen had full name spelled out. Besides, there are only 'given names' and 'surname' in the passport and the passport card, so they typically list all names there.

IPL-fan, could you check the machine-readable zone on the bottom of the bio page and see if the full name is written there?

Nothing to worry about here, all US passports come with just the middle initial.

Hi
I think most of the US passport come in full names. We have few passports all in full names with the longest given name containing 14 letters. However I did see a passport with middle initial and in the machine readable bio part with middle initial too. I have seen a GC with middle initial on top but full name in the bottom machine readable bio part.