Got my emergency AP approved today. RD 7/27; Wac-01-277-***

aks99

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I went to LA INS office this morning to apply for the emergency AP. I reached there by 3:00AM. There were some 70-80 people ahead of me. Not bad for LA INS. Entered room no 1001 at 6:30AM. Officer looked at all the AP documents specially doctor\'s letter from India as I was applying for emergency AP. He asked me to go to Room no:2050 after paying $110.00 to cashier. I paid using the personal check (cash not accepted). Stood in adjacent building’s line for Room no:2050. I was behind some 400 people. But line was moving amazingly fast. I was inside this building only after standing in the line for about 45 minutes. Went directly to the AP line in room no:2050. It was a nice black lady in front of me. She talked very politely and was very helpful. She told me it might take 2 weeks to get emergency AP approved, but said I might talk to an IIO to see if I can get it today. I filled out a simple form to talk to an IIO. The IIO was an oriental lady, again a polite lady. She looked at the papers and asked if I am an engineer. I said yes. She said either I can wait, or come back after an hour after having breakfast. I insisted on waiting. After almost waiting for 45 minutes, she called my name, and said my AP is approved. Its a multiple entry AP valid for one year. The overall experience was very pleasing.
I am leaving for India coming Friday and will be back in 3 weeks time. Hope to see lots of approvals including mine when I come back. I am very happy right now as I can see my sick dad very soon.
Thanks and good luck to all of you.
AKS99

All good wishes for your family. it is interesting fees are different in differnt office.

I applied of emergency AP in SJ in December and I was charged $93.

Not that it matters but just curious.

My prayers for your dad to Get well..

Hope you have a pleasant trip and come back to see your AVM message changed to "This case is Approved.."

Tamizhan

I\'m sure you dad would be really happy to see you!!

Hope your presence makes him get well soon.....