Got my 2nd FP scheduled

Japanese

Registered Users (C)
Hi -

I just received a call from Senator Durbin's office. The guy, who handles immigration issues, told me that NSC scheduled my 2nd fingerprinting on Tuesday 10/5/04 at 8am at Harlem ASC.

I told him that I did not get any notice for 2nd FP. He then said to call him if I do not receive anything from NSC by next week. I will let you know as soon as I get an official notice for FP2 from Nebraska.

I will keep you Jan 03 filers posted...

Japanese

Hi, Japanese

Good for you for taking a proactive approach on your case.
Would you mind sharing with me what number to contact Durbin's office?
Sounds like you had a pleasant experience with them.
I am also in Chicagoland and anxiously waiting for my case's approval.
My 2nd FP was done on 06/10/2004 and was updated by USCIS on 06/15/2004, name check was done long time ago in Dec 2002 according to FBI. My 485 case has RD 09/24/2002. I have not heard anything since
2nd FP, no RFE, nothing. So I am thinking of contacting senator to see
if they might be of any help. Thanks.

No problem, lewen

Lewen -

Thanks for your post. The number to Dick Durbin's office is (312) 353-4952

Good luck!

Japanese

Good news

Hey Japanese.....its good to hear a Jan 03 filer getting the FP2 Scheduled.....Did the senator's office help to get this scheduled or were they just giving you an update of the progress of your case since you contacted them.....

RD 1/31/03

hi...

ssk007 -

I asked Dick Durbin's office for help because I was not sure if I have FP2 coming and asked D. Durbin's office to follow up with NSC. Then, I found out that they have issued FP2 for 10/5/04.

Japanese

Thanks for your response Japanese....hopefully you will get the fp2 notice asap....!!Do keep us posted.....!!

It's sounds like 1/03 are finally getting taken care of.....do we need a separate post to track? or just use the 1/03 thread in this forum?

ssk007 said:
Did the senator's office help to get this scheduled or were they just giving you an update of the progress of your case since you contacted them.....
RD 1/31/03

I personally don't think they can help, but they can make an inquiry for you, which is very helpfull to know where your case is. I've seen only one case here, approved yesterday, with ND/RD Nov 2001 who's case got assigned faster to an adjudicator with the help of a senator (I believe), but again ND/RD Nov 2001.

Hi Japanese,
Did you write a letter to Dick Durbin's Office of just called?
If you wrote a letter, can you please post the text here.

Thanks.

It's official

Hey folks -

I just got my official FP2 letter from NSC in the mail. It's officially for 10/5/04 at 8am. Since I busy dealing with a visitor from Japan, I think I am going there for my FP2 on the date schedule.

kjkool -

No, I went to Dick Durbin's website and downloaded a form called, "Privacy Act Release Form" and fax it to his Chicago office with a request for him to follow up on the status of my FP with NSC. About two weeks later, a person from Senator Durbin's office called and said that my FP2 should be on its way. The people there are really nice. I would definitely give them a call or write them.

Japanese

Thanks Japanese, Did your on-line status change to "FP sent"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Japanese

If you don't mind, can you please post the content of what you wrote to Sen Durbin. Since you had a favorable response, I am thinking of doing the same. Thanks in advance

I 485 RD - 03/26/2003
I 485 ND - 04/01/2003
EAD1/AP1 - 04/2003
EAD2/AP2 - 03/2004
FP1 - 05/16/2003

Hi...

Guys...

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. I will keep you posted on the status of my 2nd fingerprinting. As I mentioned before, I am having a visitor from Japan so I probably won't get to go to Harlem ASC early (in fact, I did not even get to log on my PC after the visitor went to bed).

mxc -

Hi...I actually did not write any letter. As I told kjkool, I downloaded a form called, "Privacy Relase Form" from Senator Durbin's website; then, I signed it and wrote a short paragraph, stating that my first fingerprinting had expired in May of this year but I still haven't received a request for fingerprinting renewal.

I then called Senator Durbin's office in Chicago a day after faxing the form to his Chicago Office. About a week and half later, one of Senator Durbin's staff (his name is Jordan) called me and told me that NSC had issued 2nd FP notice for 10/5/04 at 8am at Harlem ASC and I should receive my notice soon. He told me to call him again if I don't receive a notice so that he can have Nebraska Service Center fax me a copy of the FP request. Jordan was really a nice guy; he even went the extra mile by sending me a letter with U.S. Senate letterhead, confirming this appointment. He said if nothing comes through, just show up to my 2nd FP appointment with Senator Durbin's letter and they would take my FP. Good luck, mxc...

Japanese

sorry kjkool...

kjkool -

sorry I did not see your message thus failed to respond to you in a timely fashion.

Unfortunately, my online message has not changed. This is precisely what prompted me to contact Senator Durbin...Even after I got my FP2 notice, the online message still reads the same ol' bulls**t - we received your application on blah, blah, blah...and it is taking 1000 years to process this kind of case...blah, blah, blah...

Japanese

Japanese,

When they sent you 2nd FP notice, the message would not change till they received the result of your 2nd FP.

Just for your reference.