Got married just before 485

waitforneb

Registered Users (C)
I got married just before I filed I-485. Does anyone know how this will affect my application? Will my case and/or my wife's case be trasfered to local INS office? Will I wait a lot longer than normal? I have not reveiced my PF notice in almost a year (ND 3/2002).

Last edited by a moderator:
WFN

I am in a similar situation and my case got transferred to Denver INS last week.
But I have examples of recent marriage cases both being transferred and approved by the service center. So it is really unpredicatable.
But NSC last year said their policy is to transfer all recent marriage cases.

Transfer to local center doesnot always mean a longer wait. Could be less too depending on where you are.

Other thing this you would get your plastic card in a month or so if you are approved from local INS.

Reg. FP, it is always better to get FP done later, cos you never know how long NSC is going to take to adjuticate.

No worries mate! you will be fine.

So as I posted earlier, my ND was Oct 28, 2002, but I received approval on Feb 3, 2003 with an RFE (in Jan 2003). My wife's case
was transferred to the local office on
Feb 10. This was a recent marriage. I
see no reason why they can't approve
the principal even if there is a marriage
(and I guess they're treating the spouse
like they'd treat the foreign spouse of a U.S. citizen).

My case got transferred to local office on feb 11 and my spouse's case got approved.

We also got married few months before applying for I-485.