Got laid off < 180 days, Experts please help - urgent!!!

a_v1

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Need your help urgently!

Here are my details:

I applied for AOS/EAD/AP (EB2) at CSC in December 2001. I got laid of in first week of Jan 2002. My H1-B expires in March 2002. I have another 18 months to reach 6-year H1 period. My company is willing to continue/support my green card process and also willing to keep me as a part time employee with minimum salary.

What are my options now?

Here are some options I can think of:

1. Work part time using current H1-B and waits for EAD. Not working after H1-B expires in March and before getting EAD. Start working on EAD to pass 180 days. Check for another similar job and move using EAD.

2. Apply H1-B from another company and move (before 180 days) to that company once I get the receipt notice. So that I can continue on H status, in case I don’t get green card.

Thanks in advance.

No Title

I think your 1st option sounds better; if you can hold on to your job (part-time is fine)for next couple of months. With option 2, you are really looking into the whole GC process starting again and I would avoid that all possible costs.

my 2 cents.

Thanks AUSTechWorker, any other comments?

Guys,

Please send any other comments that you have to help me to take right decision.

No Title

You have only option that is the first option.

Another alternative is find different job do H1 transfer with them and move to them and continue GC with first company while working part time as GC is for feature Job. This is possible if the company is willing to help you.

/Vguru

Please send your comments

1. Should I work 180 days for the company that applied my 485 before moving into another company?
2. Is my H1 transfer triggers the INS about my job change that results a RFE?

Can any one please send a good attorney address?