Got laid off 180 days after I485 filing

abar rooh

Registered Users (C)
Hi:
I got laid off 180 days after filing I485 (actually I will be separated on 10/22/01). My fingerprinting notice has not come in.
180 days are from the Receipt Date (04/20/01). I am short about 20 days from 180 days if you consider the Notice Date (05/10/01) to start counting.
My H1/I-94 date expired on 08/31/01. I have sent in my application for EAD yesterday.

Could somebody, please, discuss, the implications. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks

Getting laid off 180 days from the RD - Please advise

Hi:
I got laid off 180 days after filing I485 (actually I will be separated on 10/22/01). My fingerprinting notice has not come in.
180 days are from the Receipt Date (04/20/01). I am short about 20 days from 180 days if you consider the Notice Date (05/10/01) to start counting.
My H1/I-94 date expired on 08/31/01. I have sent in my application for EAD yesterday.

Could somebody, please, discuss, the implications. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks

Hmm somthing seems wrong!

180 days are counted from RD not ND.

Now your h-1: since your h-1 expired on 8/31,
 you have been out of status!!!
 Why did you not apply for EAD earlier along with your
 485 ???
 Also, why not go to local INS office and get the EAS
 instead of mailing to Nebraska.. (Nebraska takes
 about 80-90 days to send you EAD!)

Better speak to a lawyer about your status...

Don\'t mean to scare you.. and wish you all the
 BEST!

IF lay off is after 180 days then what about further process..

IF lay off is after 180 days then what about further process?
Do we get I-485 approval or what we have to do?
Please answer to my question..

Thanks
SRINI

Follow-up message

My company did not file for EAD but filed for the extension of H1.
I have the approval notice but did not send it immediately for revalidation because it would have tied up my passport for 8-10 weeks.
Meanwhile my company decided to lay me off because I was on bench. I have sent in my EAD now to Nebraska because detroit office does not accept applications.

Get EAD and a job first.

I don\'t think you will have problem getting EAD as they don\'t need employment letter. You will first need that to start any job. Since 180 days have passed since you applied for 485 I think you should be OK. They will certainly ask you for an employment letter with your FP. Submit the new employment letter and it should be OK. Consult your attorney anyway. With things right now I think it is going to be more difficult getting a job than a GC. Concentrate on getting a job now.

No Title

Just wondering if lose being on EAD, and then say you didnt get a job till EAD expires, is there a way to extend the EAD.
can beneficiary apply for EAD extension while 485 is still pending without any job on hand ????
thanks in advance

You need to re-apply the I-140 after you find the new employee.

But there will be no need to re-sumit the I-485.

LittleMan