Got It !!!

Vjy

Registered Users (C)
Its my turn to say ...Got It !!!

Thank God and Thanks to the forum which was very helpful.

Application sent in => 1st week of Sep 2001 (Skilled category).
Medicals Completed => 1st week of Oct 2002.
Letter requesting Passports => 1st week of Jul 2003.
Passports sent in as required => 2nd week of Jul 2003.
E-client status => DECISION MADE

Regards,
Vjy :)

For Those who are curious about Passport Visa Stamping time line...here is my time line..

11-Jul-2003 => Passports Sent to Buffalo via Prioirity Mail (also sent a self-addressed Prepaid USPS Express Mail Tyvek Envelope).

19-Jul-2003 => Passports Received from Buffalo.

All the best.

Vj

:)

Originally posted by Vjy
For Those who are curious about Passport Visa Stamping time line...here is my time line..

11-Jul-2003 => Passports Sent to Buffalo via Prioirity Mail (also sent a self-addressed Prepaid USPS Express Mail Tyvek Envelope).

19-Jul-2003 => Passports Received from Buffalo.

All the best.

Vj

:)
Did you send the passports in the grey envelope sent by them or the priority mail envelope? I just wanted to see if there is a priority given to the mail in the grey envelope. I have sent mine a couple of days back by fedex. Hope I receive it in the same time as you. I am in Canada in a work permit and if I don't receive it on time, I have to apply for work permit extension although I will definitely get the passports back before the extension.

Thanks

dcecil

I thought sending a passport between 2 countries across international lines was illegal. You sure CIC would be fine with it ?
Thanks

Originally posted by dcecil
Did you send the passports in the grey envelope sent by them or the priority mail envelope? I just wanted to see if there is a priority given to the mail in the grey envelope. I have sent mine a couple of days back by fedex. Hope I receive it in the same time as you. I am in Canada in a work permit and if I don't receive it on time, I have to apply for work permit extension although I will definitely get the passports back before the extension.

Thanks

You have to send it in the "grey envelope" only,
I know it is small. I have sent mine with "Priority mail"
and the Postal Clerk at the counter was very helpful
and she applied Priority mail printed tape on the edges,
so that it wont fall apart.

Just follow the instructions as suggested in the letter.
And also I have sent a "PrePaid" "Express Mail Tyvek Envelope
with filled-in form with my addresson it".

All the best.

Vjy:)

Re: dcecil

Originally posted by texancanadian
I thought sending a passport between 2 countries across international lines was illegal. You sure CIC would be fine with it ?
Thanks
In the letter it clearly says that "We will return the passports to addresses in the USA and Canada only." So it is not a problem in this case.

Originally posted by Vjy
I have sent it in the fedex envelope. Fedex refused to use the grey envelope saying that it was safer to use their envelope. I kept the passports in the grey envelope inside the fedex cover. I am assuming Buffalo will not have a problem with that. If there is a priority mail handling by looking at the grey envelope, then I will not get the priority. The worst case is the returning of the passport will be delayed a bit. Hope they sort their mail on a daily basis by looking inside the envelope and not by the envelope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
I have filed for canadian immigration in Sep 2001. Recently I received a letter of passport request from Buffalo. During the past 2 years I have been receiving all letters from Canadian Consulate at my friends address. Is it ok if I send passport with self address envelop with different address or should I stick to that same address. I appreciate if someone throws light on it.

Thanks
Suraj

Originally posted by suraj18
Hi
I have filed for canadian immigration in Sep 2001. Recently I received a letter of passport request from Buffalo. During the past 2 years I have been receiving all letters from Canadian Consulate at my friends address. Is it ok if I send passport with self address envelop with different address or should I stick to that same address. I appreciate if someone throws light on it.

Thanks
Suraj

Suraj,

I did the same, as I was out of town for my project.
You can send a "self-addressed prepaid USPS tyvek envelope".

All the best.
Vjy

Originally posted by Vjy
I know it is small. I have sent mine with "Priority mail"
and the Postal Clerk at the counter was very helpful
and she applied Priority mail printed tape on the edges,
so that it wont fall apart.

Just follow the instructions as suggested in the letter.
And also I have sent a "PrePaid" "Express Mail Tyvek Envelope
with filled-in form with my addresson it".

All the best.

Vjy:)

Hi, Vij:

Congrat!

Recently I have also received the letter to request for passport stamping. In the letter, there is an item regarding Photographs in the first page and at the second page of the letter, it descrbes the requirements of the photos. However, they didNOT check the bullet which states "_________ Three (3) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member". So, I am not sure whether they need photographs or not. Do you have any idea on this item?

Thank you in advance!

-f

Hi Vjy
I just want to make sure by asking you again. Did you send the self address envelop with address different than the mailing address which you mentioned in application. Do we need to inform CIC about it. I do not want to make at this stage.

Thanks
Suraj

Originally posted by suraj18
Hi Vjy
I just want to make sure by asking you again. Did you send the self address envelop with address different than the mailing address which you mentioned in application. Do we need to inform CIC about it. I do not want to make at this stage.

Thanks
Suraj

Yes, I did put my new address.
Also try to make a note of the tracking number of the self-addressed envelope, so you can track on a daily basis if you are interested.

Hope this helps you.
Vjy

Vij: could you please answer my follwoing Q?

Hi, Vij:

Congrat!

Recently I have also received the letter to request for passport stamping. In the letter, there is an item regarding Photographs in the first page and at the second page of the letter, it descrbes the requirements of the photos. However, they didNOT check the bullet which states "_________ Three (3) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member". So, I am not sure whether they need photographs or not. Do you have any idea on this item?

Thank you in advance!

-f