Got interview notice one year after transfer to SFO

sfo485

Registered Users (C)
I just found out this great forum and it's really really helpful.

A few words about my case:

EB-1(b) OR
I-140 submitted in 05/02 and approved in 08/02

I-485 RD: 09/03/02 ND: 09/06/02 PD: 09/03/02
FP1: 10/22/02, clearned on 10/24/02

Got EAD but never used. Still on H1 with the same employer. H4 for my wife/son.

My case got transferred to SFO on 03/18/04 i guess mainly due to a traffic arrest (speeding, no charge, no conviction, closed by attending traffic school) . Thanks niladri30 for his GREAT post on the arrest impact. I now feel much relieved. (click on http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=138444 for more info)

The interview notice is for my whole family (myself, wife and son). There's also FP2 notice asking my wife to re-do FP before the interview. I'm wondering why they didn't ask me to redo FP. Since we took FP1 together more than 2 years ago. Both our FPs apparently have expired. Has anyone have similar experience and can give me some idea?

They also asked my wife to show "proof of maintaining nonimmigrant status during all periods/entries to the US". While for me, they asked for "evidence that you have maintained lawful immigration status in all entries to the US" This confused me. Could this because i used AP couple times last year on biz trips? After doing some research on Internet, i'm very positive i still own valid H1 status and would keep so even if 485 rejected.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

It's a painful, long journey. I hope everyone best luck.

Anxious_J

:confused:

Hi, folks,

Here comes my new concern:

My I-140 was done in EB-1 category (Outstanding Researcher). I was asked to bring new supporting documents during interview to "avail and advance" the claim of an "Oustanding Professor/Researcher". Is there anyone who has had similar experience??

My concern is SFO is mostly handling family-based 485, for EB-1 category, would they turn my case back to CSC for further processing?

Pls share your experience.