RD/ Dec 27 2000
ND Jan 4 2001
FP Mar 27 2001
My approval Jan 7 2002
Wife\'s Case RFE Jan 17 2002
RFE received Feb 11 2002 after calling for duplicate 3 times
Response sent Feb 23 2002
Same response sent again Mar 27 2002
Case transferred earlier to Clevland on Feb 28 2002 becuase according to NSC Cleavland asked for it
Called Cleavland 2 times in Apr and they said case was now in Cincinnati
Today we got interview letter

Interview at Locla INS

Wifes case transferred to Cleavland and then Cincinnati
Received interview notice today
Int scheduled for July 30 2002

RD/ Dec 27 2000
ND Jan 4 2001
FP Mar 27 2001
My approval Jan 7 2002
Wife\'s Case RFE Jan 17 2002
RFE received Feb 11 2002 after calling for duplicate 3 times
Response sent Feb 23 2002
Same response sent again Mar 27 2002
Case transferred earlier to Clevland on Feb 28 2002 becuase according to NSC Cleavland asked for it
Called Cleavland 2 times in Apr and they said case was now in Cincinnati
Today we got interview letter

Hello, Did they call both of you for interview

Hello,

I just wanted to check with you if INS called you both for an interview or just your wife. I\'ve a similar case, my 485 was approved on June 1, 2002 and my wife\'s case was transferred to the Local Minnesota INS center.

Good Luck to you guys, I wish everything would be just fine for you guys,
Regards

tHEY HAVE SPECIFICALLY CALLED SPOUSE ALSO

tHE LETTER SAYS TO BRING ALONG PASSPORT, i-94, sPOUSE , eMPLOYMENT LETTER FOR sPOUSE , birth and marriage ceritificates, proof of life together photos etc....

Thanks for the Information

Thanks Amrish,

Actually, I was thinking of leaving my present company, but since they asked for the employment letter, I guess I might have to stick with this present employer, till her interview.

Good luck to you guys,
Regards

Amrish

Can you please share the reason for RFE. I am also one of the victim where I got approved and my wife case was transdered. Don\'t know the reason.
What is your lawyer saying about the possible reason for transfer. How long before filing I-485 you got married.

RFE was for BC

I dont know why it got transferred, but it could be because I have not yet changed ny wifes last name and we have different last names
Also I just got married a year before fiiling for 485
As far as I am concerned she was never out of status and the primary applicant that is me has been approved.
The transfer is a blessing in disguise becuase 99.9% of transfer cases are approved and the Plastic card for Transfer cases arrives in 8 weeks as compared to 6-7 months fr non interview cases AOS (CP and INterview Plastic cards are always issued in a lesser time as compared to non interview AOS cases. My observation)

Thanks Amrish

It is a blessing if you get the interview notice within 1-2 months. Are you planning to take lawyer with you for the interview.

My Old Employer Harassing me

Hi Friends,
I am at I-485 final stages. I completed 180 days, so i changed my employer. Now I am with new employer. But my old employer sending mails and asking for the money, he is saying because of me he lossed lot of money, and my old client not payed the money because of quitting the project, so he wants me to pay those losses. And i resigned without informing to them, like suddently. Now they are saying, you should inform to us atleast 2 weeks before. Is it true ?

I didn\'t signed any papers for my green card processing reagrding paying back amount and all. So it looks like i am in safe position. And you mentioned some thing regarding "enrol for prepaid legal services ", Where and how we can do that. Please give detail message either phone number or website so that i will do that.

And i have another question. When we left our employer, is it required to maintain another lawyer for our future correspondance ? Because right now my old lawyer is not showing favor. So i need to have another lawyer to communicate with INS ? For change of Employer, Change of address, etc... Or in future if i get any queries, we need any help from lawyer ?

Please give your advises or suggestions. thanks.

No Interview Notice from Cleveland

My case was transferred a month nack from NSC to Cleveland. Yet no interview notice. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get an interview notice from them.

Thanks

No i am not asking lawyer to be there for the interview

he is in Atlanta and i spoke to him today adn he said it should just be routine

I think you should immediately get a new lawyer

I believe there is a form to fill in to change your lawyer with INS, which I don\'t remember what it is. The reason for this is that a lot of notifications like RFE goes and maybe even local transfer goes only to the lawyer and not to the applicant. If the lawyer is not working for you and not on your side, he/she may not let you know or let your previous employer play with you, leading to complications...

Just my thought.

thanks

Thanks for your reply. I believe that is G-28 form. My new lawyer filing that one. So you don\'t have any comments regarding my employer harassment for pay off the money. Thanks.

Got Interview Notice

Case transferred on May 17th. Got Interview Notice on June 21st. Interview is in Cleveland INS on July 11. They want all the possible docs.

interview notice / Oregon - dec 2000 ND

Hi Folks,
I got interview notice asking for:
letter of employment self and spouse; salary
passports
I94s
medicals (I do not know why as this was given with the I485 filing)
evidence of common residence

The lawyer says that all the above is for family based applications. We have asked for clarification

Any information whether the above is different from other interview notices is highly appreciated