Got Interview Letter after 17 Months

jeevs007

Registered Users (C)
All,

Received the interview letter after being stuck in name-check for 17 months. My time-line is in signature below.

I had contacted my Senators, but didn't help at all. What helped my case was the letter to Laura Bush -- that helped clear the name-check.

My many thanks to all the wonderful people on the board, who were kind enough to let us know some of these tricks. It's not over yet for me, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

I am attaching the Laura Bush template that I used (and copied from someone on this board).

All,

Received the interview letter after being stuck in name-check for 17 months. My time-line is in signature below.

I had contacted my Senators, but didn't help at all. What helped my case was the letter to Laura Bush -- that helped clear the name-check.

My many thanks to all the wonderful people on the board, who were kind enough to let us know some of these tricks. It's not over yet for me, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

I am attaching the Laura Bush template that I used (and copied from someone on this board).

Congratulations. Jeevs007. I sent Ms. Bush a letter after your suggestion. I have not gotten any responses from any agencies after my letter to her. But I got a 2nd fingerprint notice today. During last week, one of the Sentors in my state sent me a letter telling me that my case is in interview queue waiting for interview date availability. I hope I will be getting my interview letter soon after the second fingerprint is taken in a week.

JJYCT,

I think your interview letter might be on the way. I completed my second FP 2 weeks back (28th Aug), and got the interview letter on 12th. Good luck, and hope you get the letter soon!

Atanese,

Thanks, and completely agree that many thanks to Mrs Bush! I can't imagine how else the namecheck would have cleared.

JJYCT,

I think your interview letter might be on the way. I completed my second FP 2 weeks back (28th Aug), and got the interview letter on 12th. Good luck, and hope you get the letter soon!

Jeevs007,
Thanks for your comments. I hope it will be the case.

After waiting for 17 months and one week,I finally got my interview letter today (dated Oct. 4) for an interview scheduled on Nov. 6 at the Baltimore Service Center.

Like Jeeves007 and Atanese, I sent letters to all elected officers, Vice President, First Lady, and, finally, President Bush, after my application was stuck in security checks for more than 14 months. I took a couple Infopass appointments and sent letters to VSC but never got answers on which security checks of my application were pending. The House Representative did not really help. Things did speed up after my letters to Mrs. Bush and the Vice President. The Senators did help finding out that my case was in queue for interview and confirmed that my security checks were all cleared. Just a week after I received a letter from President Bush's office, I received the 2nd fringer print notice. A couple days after I received the FP notice, I received a phone call from FBI to confirm that I had received the notice. The person even told me that I should show up for the FP on the secheduled date in order to prevent any further delay. I hope my journey for the naturalization will be over after my interview.

Many thanks to all who share the good information in this forum.