Got Interview Date

AMBYASASAM

Registered Users (C)
My 485 was transferred on May 23rd 2003 to Latham, near Albany, NY.

We wanted to travel to India in Aug, Sept. Yesterday I went to the local BCIS office to get AP forms.
The IIO gave me the forms and then asked if the 485 was filed at the local office. I told her it was transferred from VSC to local.
She looked up my info on the system and asked me not to waste money on the AP as I may get approved soon. She went into some room and dug out my file and came out along with the Adjudication officer. The adjud officer asked me if 07/15 was ok for the interview. All I could do was nod my head. The adjud officer then prepared an interview notice and handed it over to me.

Then I was asked to get my FP done on the spot. I was asked to get my spouse's FP done anytime before the interview date. She will go on Thursday.

The interview letter asks me to bring employment letter, 2002 tax returns, passport, I94 & proof of residence with spouse.

Hoping to get approved on 07/15.

I forgot to ask one thing, so I am posting the question here :-
Do I have to also take with me ADIT snaps for the plastic? In case of approval ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely...! 2 ADIT style photos required..!

PS: Do take in all additional documents[GC Receipts, Employment letter, paystubs, etc etc though not being mentioned in the Interview letter, just to be on the safer side]

Good Luck..!
Good that you visited the local office and it is 'nice' of the officer to take note of your case.

Wow, finally a lucky senior member!

What a nice lady -- not only saved you AP appl. fee but also got an adju. officer who was also very nice to schedule you an interview so quick! Be prepared with 2 photos for each of you and make sure your fingers are clean for FP!
All the best!

that's a pleasant surprise..

AMBYASASAM,

like vijayrc mentioned, take all the documents that you have that are GC-related. Mostly, you wil not be required to produce any more than already requested, but you never know.

Good luck..

Abyasasam,
Are you the one who had I140 approved for CP ?

Good luck for the interview.

Originally posted by Texy
Abyasasam,
Are you the one who had I140 approved for CP ?

Good luck for the interview.

Yes, my I-140 was approved for CP in Sept 01. Due to company merger/takeover, new company again filed Amended I-140, which was approved in Nov 02. I believe my case got transferred on random basis or it could be the merger reason too.