Got Interim EAD today !!

Ooty

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I got Interim EAD today valid for one year.

I went to the local INS office this morning at 4 am. I was about the 25th person in line. Man was it Freezing!! Below is a list of documents I took with me but none of them mattered except two of them.

1. Letter from employer HR manager addressed to District Director Ms. Anne M. Estrada stating my postion and that I have applied for EAD extension on 08/20/02 and since my EAD is expiring 12/12/02 I will be removed from payroll unless I demonstrate continued work authorization and since 90 days have already passed they request them to grant me the EAD extension for another year.

2. Copy of application letter for EAD from Lawyer along with EAD application.

3. Original EAD receipt notice

4. Copy of I-485 receipt notice

5. Orginal EAD card

6. Copies of 2 H-1 approval notices (first H1 and extension of H1)
This was with previous employer. I have changed jobs after 180 days and joined the Client using EAD.

HOWEVER the first thing the lady giving the tokens asked me
was "do you have a letter from your employer and orginal EAD ? "
Same was the case with the Officer - she wanted employer letter and orginal EAD card though she also took copy of my EAD application and copy of reciept notice.

So there you go... I have tried to let those who are planning to get interim EAD a comprehensive description of my experience.
The lawyer had scared me that due to politcial developments they may not issue same day EAD and would probably need to do security check etc but thankfully that was not my experience.

Good Luck !!

Congrats! That was a very detailed description. I am sure many of us will find it useful.

Just 1 question - Did you go to the Dallas INS District Office?

Sample HR Letter for EAD Extenstion

Ooty,

Could you pelase post the letter which you got it from your HR by filling name as <Name> and date as <MM/DD/YY>.

I may need to go to Dallas INS for Interim EAD.

I appreciate you help.

Regards
Baktha

Mee too.

I was at the Dallas office at 5.05am.

My trouble started with the lady at the info desk. Faught with me for a letter from employer stating that i'll be terminated if I don't have an EAD.
what a joke. It is their requirement that we cannot work without a valid EAD, and they want a letter from employer??!!
:mad: :confused:
The letter I took from the employer did not state I'll be terminated and all. It said I so and so working as so and so and applied for EAD and it is 90 days since.

And at the counter #6 I have to argue with the lady about 90days .:mad: Finally convinced after making couple or three calls to God knows who.

Then went to room 3 ater 15mins came out with EAD and was out by 8.05am.

Hi Ooty

Can you give the Exact Format of the Letter you took from the employer so that I can also get it from my employer.

Thanks

Here you go...

ON COMPANY LETTER HEAD
---------------------------------

MMM D, YYYY

Ms. Anne M. Estrada, District Director
ATTN: Employment Authorization Renewal
Immigration and Naturalization Service
Dallas District Office

Re: Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization;
Applicant: <Name> (A xxx xxx xxx)

Dear District Director Estrada:

This letter is submitted in support of Form I-765, Application for
Employment Authorization filed by Mr. <Name> at the INS Texas Service Center on <Date> (please see attached Forms I-797C, Notices of Action/Receipt Notices, for your reference).
Mr. <Name> is currently employed by <company name> in the position of <your job title>. Mr. <Name>'s Employment Authorization Document ("EAD") Card will expire on <date> and
<company name> will remove Mr. <Name> from the company's payroll if he does not obtain a renewed EAD Card, evidencing his continued work authorization. Since Mr. <Name>'s Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, has been pending with the INS Texas Service Center for more than ninety (90) days, we respectfully request that the INS Dallas District Office issue him a renewed EAD Card valid for an additional year.

Thank You So Much

Ooty,

Thank You so much for this letter sample. It will really help me.

I appreciate again.

Regards
Baktha

Question on EAD receipt date

Hi

My EAD receipt has

Received date on 09/16/02
Notice date on 09/19/02

and Online Status say Received on 09/18/02

Which date I should consider to count 90 days?

I planning to go to Dallas District Office on Dec 16th

My current Ead is expiring on 12/21/02

Any Response Appreciated

Thanks