Got interim EAD card @San Jose today

maggie99

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got my interim EAD card today which is valid for 8 months from July,11,2001 to March,10,2002.
Details:
RD: April,10. ND: April,30. Approved on June,20. Arrived San Jose office at 2:00am. Got the number A60 at 7:34am and went out at 10:30am. A little bit longer than other cases because the IIO made a mistake. He thought my case has been over 90 days from RD and should be a replacement instead of interim. He called INS and told me my card was produced and I can get the card in the first week of August. And if I need the card urgently I have to pay additional 100$. We didn\'t argue with him and paid the fee. But later when I was called to take the photo, the lady found that the previous officer was wrong. Then we got our money back.:)

So if you need your card, just go ahead to get the interim one even it has been approved. At least San Jose office is very flexible on this. You need to be there as early as possible like 2 or 3 o\'clock. Put on your coat. Somebody slept there using sleeping bag. Good luck.

I have one question about SSN. The officer told me I can get the number by calling before I receive the SSN card. So can I ask the employer to pay me using that number right now?

Thanks,
Maggie

No Title

Congratulations! My paralegal has stressed for several times that if after my EAD got approved I go to INS for an interim one I may be rejected. I would rather believe that\'s not true.

To get an SSN card only takes you 3 days, don\'t you know that? Better wait till you get it.

No Title

Hey maggie,

Congratulations! We are glad to hear things turned
out fine for you (i.e., get an EAD even though case
was approved).

Thanks for a nice post containing useful info. Please
remind me to load up your message to the webpage if
I forget.

ciba

No Title

Hi Maggie,

Congrats. I have a simple questions
When can we get an interim EAD?
Is interim EAD for applicants who apply their EAD for the first time?
Is it 90 days from RD or ND of AOS/AP/EAD?

Thanks in advance.

Appreciate your help.

-Anu

No Title

maggie99,

You\'re saying approved on June 20th, what does it mean? I feel your EAD got approved on June20th by INS and you didn\'t receive your card and thats why you went to SJ office. Is it right?

My RD : 4/16 and ND : 6/5, so i can also get my interim EAD.

Thanks

Deep

No Title

Hi Maggie,

Congrats.
Can you please let us know the list of Document that we need to provide for the Interim EAD.

-Thx

No Title

Deep varma:

You\'re right. My EAD was approved on June.20. But they didn\'t mail out the card yet. I was told by the IIO at San Jose that I can receive my card at the first week of August. I can\'t wait so long. That\'s why I applied the interim one.

Go ahead and get it. Good luck.

No Title

the list:

1)I-765 receipt, I485 receipt.
2)filled new I765 form.( can get the form in San Jose office.
 My attorney prepared the form for me. But I think you can download it from somewhere.
3) ID (passport or driver lisence.)

No Title

Maggie & All,

My wife\'s EAD got approved on 06/13/2001(As per AVM).
  She got her Interim-EAD card from same San Jose Office on 07/11/2001. But Interim-EAD card validity dates are from 07/11/2001 to 07/10/2002(Which is an Year). Usally interim-EAD will be give only for max of 240 Days(8 Months).
After they issued the card in INS-SJ office I checked with the IIO and he told me it is OK. Does this is a problem ???. Does anybody experinced the same ??. As of today my wife had a Social Security Number(SSN)Card(H4 status).Do my wife need to change her Social Security Number(SSN) Card to work ??.

Thx

No Title

Maggie,

I had exactly the same experience in SJC INS office. I stood in the queue at 4AM. I was called on the window at 9AM.

A Chinese IIO woman reviewed my case. At that time, AVM was indicating that CSC approved my EAD. She asked me to pay $100. I was also stunned and was ready to pay, as I wanted to show the interim EAD card to my employer. My H1 was expiring within 3 days.

However, since the cards were NOT ORDERED (they were just approved), the another officer waived $100 and I got my interim EAD.

I recd the actual EAD card from CSC after 2 days and on the next day, I got my 485 approval.

In the following week, I got my PP stamped.

Both were horrible days.

No Title

What do you mean by H1 was expiring within 3 days. Did you not file for an extension. Or do you mean you are completing 6 year limit on the H1.

Let me know.

Thanx
pvgk

No Title

do we need write full name on form I-765 card in the signature BOX or just sign when applying EAD??

pl clarify

No Title

Hi Maggie,

Can I still get an interim EAD After 90 days even though EAD is not approved with in 90 days?
( I am asking because Now a days as it is taking 60 days for getting ND itself )

Appreciate your response.

-Thx