Got iEAD in San Jose INS this morning

stamy

Registered Users (C)
went there 9:15pm last night, number 4, had a sleep overnight, came out of the door around 7:50am. It\'s good for exactly 240 days. To my surprise the officer asked lots of questions like my father/mother\'s name, which company I am working for, etc. Will they ask those type of questions in passport stamping? I am considering a job change.

Is your 90 days from RD over?

Hi, Stemy,

Do you need to wait until 90 days is over to get IEAD? Did they ask you to produce certificate for your parent\'s name?

Thanks

David

No Title

Stamy,
 Can you give me the list of all the documents and the application fee that I need to take with me for iEAD? I am planning to go for iEAD this week.

Thanks

Same here

If you can give me details of al the documents you took and whether you took any check with you or not, that will be great.
I am planning on going in the next 10 days for my i-EAD.

answer

the documents that the officer request:
receipt notice of EAD, receipt notice of I485, filled form I765 (ead application, need to sign before him), passport
I also took a check but he didn\'t ask me to pay, I took company letter, payroll, he didn\'t ask for them.
I think he asked my parent\'s name just for verification. He also verified my address, because my current address is different those I wrote in the forms, I direct all those mail to my friend\'s house which is much safer than my downtown san jose place.
I applied ead 7/24 (RD of I765), so today is the 91th day.
the officer is not polite, I asked him what\'s my status of I485, because I think he got my parent\'s name through the I485 information. But he only told me it is still pending.