got iEAD for just 4 months

Babooka

Registered Users (C)
Went to the SF BCIS today at 6am, was out at 9am. The interim iEAD is only valid thru 8/21/03 though. Kinda short, I thought it would be for 8 months. The first EAD expired on 2/28/03. Extenion pending since Dec. 6, 2002.

02-049XXX

Did you asked them the reason or they did not had stamp after 8/21/03 ? What is this magic date ?
Do they have any common sense or they can put whatever date they want ?

Same thing for me also.
Went to the SF BCIS today at 5.40am, was out at 9am. The interim iEAD is only valid thru 8/21/03. ie. 4 months form today.

Vipsha, they just gave it to me as it was. A guyfrom the line I spoke to also got it with the same expiration date. I guess they only give it for 4 months now, or at least they did today. Given the neck-breaking processing speed of both EAD and AOS, it may mean many a trip into the comfort of this beautiful place.

Interim EAD are valid for a full year or 8 months?

Will the following could possible happen?

Filed EAD renew 2/14/03, got i-EAD 5/14/03 which is valid for 4 months like you all suggested, i-EAD expire in 9/14/03, it takes about 8 months to renew EAD which means I won't get it till Oct.

ImmigrateMe,

First of all, you should apply early for EAD renewal after looking at the JIT! You are bound for fall in the hole if you apply for renewal so close to your EAD expiry date. I would say apply atleast 100 day early, that way you have time to go for iEAD and not have a problem.

Secondly, after your iEAD issued for 4 months expires, if you still haven't received your EAD then you might have to go in again for another iEAD.

Thirdly, now this is the good news, I ran the scanner for WAC 03-001 (RD around first week of October). And the results were extremely positive. Of the 3000+ cases that I scanned, hundreds of EAD's were already approved. Saw very few EAD cases yet to be approved. Which means that there is going to be a giant leap for the EAD in the upcoming JIT! Which means there is a good chance you will get your EAD prior to October.

Good luck!

Document needed to get i-EAD?

I do not have a receipt of filling; can I visit the INS office with my WAC# (which I do have from the cashed check) accompanied by a letter from the attorneys explain that no receipt has been received.

Will this work? Or I should request for duplicated receipt?

Filed EAD renew in 2/14/03.

Originally posted by 140_takes_4ever
Thirdly, now this is the good news, I ran the scanner for WAC 03-001 (RD around first week of October). And the results were extremely positive. Of the 3000+ cases that I scanned, hundreds of EAD's were already approved. Saw very few EAD cases yet to be approved. Which means that there is going to be a giant leap for the EAD in the upcoming JIT! Which means there is a good chance you will get your EAD prior to October.

140_takes_4ever, when those EAD cases where approved? Perhaps it's not I-485's EAD, but EAD cases of Salvadorian applicants with Temporary Protected Status.

If the EAD is approved after the expiry of First EAD, what will be the start date of new EAD????

Ex.

First EAD expired on 4/20/03
Filed EAD renew on 1/14/03
Got i-EAD 4/14/03 which is valid for 4 months
If the 2nd EAD is approving on 6/1/03 , what will be the start date?

EAD approval date in JIT

Quote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Tasse
140_takes_4ever, when those EAD cases where approved? Perhaps it's not I-485's EAD, but EAD cases of Salvadorian applicants with Temporary Protected Status.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regardless, if the backlog is down the date should move up. I agree with 140_takes_4ever's assessment based on his data analysis.

Re: EAD approval date in JIT

kuldeepc, last months INS worked only on EAD cases of Salvadorian applicants. If EAD approvals for WAC 03-001 dated till March 2003, it's not EAD of I-485 applicants.