got GC 3 months back and got terminated from job

srisreeb

Registered Users (C)
I received my GC card 3 months back, My company terminated my employment with them since I was not on project for 1 month and my plans for going to visit my family back home for 5weeks. I am planning to come back and search for a new job it might as well be with same company.
My question is I am going to India for 5weeks, will I be having any problems entering to US. Does Immigration people at airport ask any questions about my employment. I am forecasting, I shouldn\'t have any problems. Please let me know If anyone had any problems before, Any input is much appreciated.

Take termination and related documents

Normally they dont ask about what you do in US if you are a permanent resident. In case at POE if they ask, you can say you wanted a break after your termination and took a vacation. As proof show all correspondence with your company about your termination.

No Title

Another thing you have to do is to file for unemployment benefits
as soon as possible. State law may require you to file within
certain time frame from layoff.

thanks for the input

Whiz-kid -- I have one letter stating the last day I worked for that company and hope that document is enough let me know if anything more is needed.
regarding unemployment benefits I will have to think about it after coming back from my trip.
Thank you all for the feedback.