got FP notice!!! woohoo!!!

ateganda29

Registered Users (C)
hey guys!

i received my notice for fingerprinting yesterday -- woohoo! my appt date is on wednesday, November 16, 2005. that was pretty quick. i'm excite. i just have a question: does anyone know the number for the glenmont ASC here in maryland? i want to call them and ask them regarding my appt.

for people who have had their fingerprinting done, were they strict at following the time of your appt? like if you got there early and no line, will they take you or will you have to wait for your appt time? also, does anyone know if the glenmont ASC offer same day testing after the fingerprinting? if yes, how long does the whole process take, including taking the test if offered.

When I had my FP done i got there half an hour early and since there were only 1 person ahead of me, they went ahead and process my papers. 20 minutes after I 'm done ! (Was in at 8:30am , out by 8:50am ) and my intial appt. is 9:00 am:).

Good luck to you.(MABUHAY!!!)--> I assume by your nick your Filipina? me too!

hi abs49080! cool fellow filipina! quick question: when did you take your test? i believe it's called the history and civics test? didn't see that part on your sig. cause i was wondering if i will be able to take it when i go for my fingerprinting.

You will be able to take Civic/English test at Glenmont same day as FP if the computer is not down that day.

-g:)

It may depend on the DO’s processing your case. I took my civic test at the same time with my interview. From reading through various post, commonly the civic test is administered during the interview . But like i said i may be different from other District Office mine is Detroit. Better be ready than sorry. Fairly easy though.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for both of your input. g :) , i remember you took your civic/english test, interview, and oath all in one day. did i remember it correctly? so you did your FP at glenmont but did the test, interview, and oath at baltimore? what was your timeline from the time you received your FP notice to your oath-taking?

Right everything on same day. FP at glenmont where Civic test computer was down.

See my earlier post below:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
My interview and same day oath was successfully over today. Experience was same as what others have written and overall a pleasant experience. Few highlights below:

Interview was at Baltimore downtown and I parked under federal building($16 per day). Got called 30min before scheduled appointment. Lady officer was serious but nice and was super fast and efficient unlike typical USCIS folks. Went through the interview within 10min. Asked 6 questions out of the standard 96 questions. She went over the n-400 items and confirmed each entry. I had sent corrected pages of the n-400 at a later time indicating some parking tickets I missed in the original n-400. Luckily those pages were attached to my file and she asked me about those and had me initial those pages. I think it was good I sent those corrections as she was interested in how I got those tickets. Then she concluded the interview and gave me oath letter for same day.

Oath ceremony was at 3pm and there were 42 people from 28 countries.
My online status never changed and still says that it will take 300-360 days to process .

----------------------------------------
Timeline:VSC->Baltimore
----------------------------------------
05/13/05: Priority Date
05/23/05: Notice Date
06/03/05: FP Notice
06/21/05: FP Appointment
08/04/05: Interview Letter received
09/27/05: Interview Date
09/27/05: Oath
-----------------------------------------

Hi there!!!! you seem to be very lucky. I got my FP notice on OCT 19th and I am scheduled for NOV 25th also in ASC GLENMONT. So even you sent in your N-400 later then I did you are scheduled earlier then myself for FP. Another proof that there are no rules in dealing with USCIS.
I guess we can keep us updated on IL and interview date.Down below you can see my timeline!
Good luck to all you guys!!!!!!!!
my time line for VSC, BALTIMORE DO
09/27/05: N-400 sent
09/29/05: N-400 received
10/06/05: Priority Date
10/19/05: FP notice received
11/25/05: FP appointment

johnathan said:
Hi there!!!! you seem to be very lucky. I got my FP notice on OCT 19th and I am scheduled for NOV 25th also in ASC GLENMONT. So even you sent in your N-400 later then I did you are scheduled earlier then myself for FP. Another proof that there are no rules in dealing with USCIS.
I guess we can keep us updated on IL and interview date.Down below you can see my timeline!
Good luck to all you guys!!!!!!!!
my time line for VSC, BALTIMORE DO
09/27/05: N-400 sent
09/29/05: N-400 received
10/06/05: Priority Date
10/19/05: FP notice received
11/25/05: FP appointment

which ASC did USCIS schedule your FP? if it is different ASC, it might explain on why your FP appointment date is later than the OP.

hi ocworker! It is the same ASC GLENMONT for me and ATEGANDA29.
So it is a bit odd.
The only thing that confuses me is that I received my FP notice on Oct 19th and I am scheduled for Nov 25th, more than a month later, while most of applicants have their FP done 2-3 weeks after FP notice.Can you explain this to me please?
BUt eventually we all are going to be processed , I guess .
Anyhow good luck to all of you guys, thanx for your time to post!
we should keep each other updated on timelines.
Cheers!!!!!

johnathan said:
hi ocworker! It is the same ASC GLENMONT for me and ATEGANDA29.
So it is a bit odd.
The only thing that confuses me is that I received my FP notice on Oct 19th and I am scheduled for Nov 25th, more than a month later, while most of applicants have their FP done 2-3 weeks after FP notice.Can you explain this to me please?
BUt eventually we all are going to be processed , I guess .
Anyhow good luck to all of you guys, thanx for your time to post!
we should keep each other updated on timelines.
Cheers!!!!!

If you want to, you could try to go to the ASC before your appointment day to take the FP and test. not sure if it makes any different of speeding up ur rest of the n400 process steps or not.

hi again ocworker! thank you for taking your time to answer!
I actually had travel plans for Thanksgiving and went to ASC to fing out weather i could do FP earlier and I was told I could. But my plans changed now so I am just going to show up there on Nov 25th since I figure the best thing to do is to do everything "by the book".
Do you think it is a little bit strange that I get my FP notice on OCTOBER 19th and get my FP appointment on NOVEMBER 25th, more than a month later after receiving the notice?!?!?!?!!?!
Thanx again!!!!

johnathan said:
hi again ocworker! thank you for taking your time to answer!
I actually had travel plans for Thanksgiving and went to ASC to fing out weather i could do FP earlier and I was told I could. But my plans changed now so I am just going to show up there on Nov 25th since I figure the best thing to do is to do everything "by the book".
Do you think it is a little bit strange that I get my FP notice on OCTOBER 19th and get my FP appointment on NOVEMBER 25th, more than a month later after receiving the notice?!?!?!?!!?!
Thanx again!!!!

USCIS does strange things all the time.. :(