Got First Time H1B at Delhi Consulate

yogeshtest

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

Firstly, I would like to thank all of you for helping me all through these days regarding my H1b.

I am glad to inform you that I have got my H1B Visa approved yesterday at Delhi consulate.

Today I received a call from my Employer asking me to send back all the petition papers and I-797 stating that it’s a company policy and would be returned back at the time of your flying to US.

May, I please ask if this is a normal thing / any legality issue which may occur sending them my documents back.

Thanks for everything.

Hi

I Will Suggest To Take All The Copies Of Documents. But You Will Need Original I-797 While Travelling. Employer Will Have His Own Copy And You Should Have One. Also Contact Your Lawyer.

Goodluck.

Yogesh,

Congratulations.

Would you please share your experience at the delhi consulate?
I have an appointment soon in few days in Delhi.

Thank you!!

yogeshtest said:
Dear All,

Firstly, I would like to thank all of you for helping me all through these days regarding my H1b.

I am glad to inform you that I have got my H1B Visa approved yesterday at Delhi consulate.

Today I received a call from my Employer asking me to send back all the petition papers and I-797 stating that it’s a company policy and would be returned back at the time of your flying to US.

-------------------------- I suspect that the employer at this time dont have any job for you and they dont want you to come to US and then transfer H1 with other company. why they need H1 approval copy and petition papers? they have the copy of all thease papers. Keep the copy of all the papers front and back copy with you if you plan to send back them.

May, I please ask if this is a normal thing / any legality issue which may occur sending them my documents back.
------------ I think that is Desi employer and they play thease kind of tricks . did you pay any money to employer??
Thanks for everything.