Got email from USCIS_TSC

kelvin2088

Registered Users (C)
My father got this email from USCIS:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: LIN02********

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 7, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What is this? That's kinda weird cause my father has never been requested to do medical exam after done his BIO code3 last weekend. My father's RD is March 2002. What's next?

best guess is that they sent out the wrong message. They meant that a RFE has been sent requesting for more information from your dad.

but everything is possible at this point.

so let us know soon and good luck.

Wow thanx porkman, I wish that's the case.
Do they actually approve case without requesting medcial exam? That doesn't sound like CIS way. Well I guess we should just wait and see what it is... :eek: :confused:

kelvin2088 said:
Do they actually approve case without requesting medcial exam? That doesn't sound like CIS way. Well I guess we should just wait and see what it is... :eek: :confused:

I think canterbury is right.

kelvin2088 said:
when did you get this email, because today is a holiday (columbus day), is INS still working during the weekend and holiday??

kelvin2088 said:

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 7, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

Sincerely,

What is this? That's kinda weird cause my father has never been requested to do medical exam after done his BIO code3 last weekend. My father's RD is March 2002. What's next?

Hi, Kelvin2088:
Did your father's case transfered to Texas? Or still at NSC?

imnobody said:
Hi, Kelvin2088:
Did your father's case transfered to Texas? Or still at NSC?
wow. imnobody. we have very similary application history. what's your impression of when you're getting your GC?

froff22 said:
wow. imnobody. we have very similary application history. what's your impression of when you're getting your GC?
don't worried you are definitely going to get your RFI or both I had my RFE after received and done my code 2 bio .so just wait and see :D

kelvin2088 said:
I think nobody get approval or GC from TSC so far.They just start working.

it can be anything:

- a change of address confirmation if your father had made an address change recently.
- this is a message resembling to the RTd when it is sent to you.
- it could be an rfi/rfe or even a bio request.
this is my presumption. but in fact i had the same experience. they sent me the same message they have sent to your father. and frankly i still don't know what it is yet.

after that message the uscis had changed my online status to a request for evidence( RFI ). which i received by mail on sept 19-2005.

even if it's not the GC yet, it is a good sign for your father. he will probably get the rfi/rfe, and BIO very soon, and then the approval shoudn't be too far from that.
good luck.

Thanks!
In fact, my father has already done his BIO code3 last Saturday.
Just wait and see what it is :rolleyes:

one_of_u said:
it can be anything:

- a change of address confirmation if your father had made an address change recently.
this is my presumption. but in fact i had the same experience. they sent me the same message they have sent to your father. and frankly i still don't know what it is yet.

after that message the uscis had changed my online status to a request for evidence( RFI ). which i received by mail on sept 19-2005.

even if it's not the GC yet, it is a good sign for your father. he will probably get the rfi/rfe, and BIO very soon, and then the approval shoudn't be too far from that.
good luck.

one_of_u said:
it can be anything:

good luck.

If you call CIS 800 number, they will definitedly tell you this is a GC approval notice and congratulate you ! They said there are several languages they used for GC approval notice. I had similar experience, but since that "document " or "GC" was sent to my previous address and I have not received the forwarded mail, I never got chance to verify this "document". My online status then changed to 800-900 days, then RFI...

So, you may still receive GC since you have already done BIO ! Please keep us update.

GrassRoot said:
If you call CIS 800 number, they will definitedly tell you this is a GC approval notice and congratulate you ! They said there are several languages they used for GC approval notice. I had similar experience, but since that "document " or "GC" was sent to my previous address and I have not received the forwarded mail, I never got chance to verify this "document". My online status then changed to 800-900 days, then RFI...

So, you may still receive GC since you have already done BIO ! Please keep us update.

Hum....the problem is that my father has not done his medical exam. :eek: :eek:

GrassRoot said:

Please oh please do not go by what the dorks at the customer service center tell you. They DO NOT have any idea about any laws, any case information or anything else. They read to you whats online which any 10 year old kid can do. They have told people with ND 2001 that they have to wait another 1.5 years because they are processing March 2000 cases...is that true?? I dont think so...

The best thing would be to write a letter to the USCIS and have them respond to you in 6 months or so..otherwise there is no hope. This call center was setup due to some requrement..its a dog-pony show that serves no purpose..Unless you make an effort to a) Lie to them about your Notice date or b) Simply call and say You don't know your Receipt Number and if u r lucky you can be transferred to an offcier.

kelvin2088 said:

Current Status:

Sincerely,

Here is my guess,
Most likely, you have an attorney and this is why the LUD is specifically indicating that the beneficiary will receive the "approval or registration" document. Based on my experience with attorneys, only the final decision or the physical card like the GC will only be sent to the beneficiary and everything else like the RFI will go directly to the attorney who will relay the info to you. So, based on those facts, this seems like a final decision and is not a request for medical. Furthermore, since the words approval and registration are mentioned, I am again guessing that your father's case has been approved and this deserves my congratulations to you and your father. I personally would be happy and begin celebrating. I'm just like you and am not an attorney and I can be wrong, but this seems like very good news.

Best wishes

Serendipitous said:
Here is my guess,
Most likely, you have an attorney and this is why the LUD is specifically indicating that the beneficiary will receive the "approval or registration" document. Based on my experience with attorneys, only the final decision or the physical card like the GC will only be sent to the beneficiary and everything else like the RFI will go directly to the attorney who will relay the info to you. So, based on those facts, this seems like a final decision and is not a request for medical. Furthermore, since the words approval and registration are mentioned, I am again guessing that your father's case has been approved and this deserves my congratulations to you and your father. I personally would be happy and begin celebrating. I'm just like you and am not an attorney and I can be wrong, but this seems like very good news.

Best wishes

In my case, I do not have an attorney but I received that email... and I called 800# and talked to two people ( one lady and one gentlman ) to verify if it is a GC approval and they were very firm about that... However I have not received it aftern one month ( Probably will never from this email ). However I would still think this 800# is useful because they updated my address over the phone ! ( Previously I thought AR-11 would solve everything ).

Let me know if any real GC card receiver had received this "another language" of approval email notice before their actual card.