Got EAD in just 3 weeks

pktyagi

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I have got EAD approval notice and EAD card in 3 weeks from the date of Receipt. My 140, 485, EAD and AP applications (Texas Service Center) have receipt date as of Nov 25 2003 and I got EAD approval on December 17th 2003. Is it normal?

Any way thanks to GOD.

You are soooooo lucky

My reciept date is Oct 10, 2003 for all i.e., I-485, I-140, I-765 and I-131 and got finger printing done so far but haven't got EAD yet and the updates in the processing time shows that they are processing Nov 13 cases for EAD. I hope everybody has your kind of luck.

vxkudrimoti,

Where can I check the processing times/dates for finger printing?
When did you get finger printing done? Any idea how long will it take for finger printing notice in my case (RD as os NOV-25-2003)?

Thanks.
pktyagi

finger printing

Hi pktyagi,

My reciept dates for I-485, I-140, I-131 (Travel Documents) & I-765 (EAD) is 10-Oct-2003 and I got finger printing done on Dec 18, 2003. Frankly, everybody was surprised that I got the fingerprinting notice so early. There are poeple who filed their papers 2 years ago and haven't received finger printing notices yet. I don't think there is any chart that tells finger printing processing times. I haven't gotten my EAD so far even though Texas is processing Nov 14, 2003 cases. I have started enquiry for the delay in my EAD. I think there is lot of inconsistencies in the procedures that Texas follows. There is no particular sequence in which they approve things. Looks like they are doing things at random. It's just my guess why we got finger printing done is because my husband is on Student Visa and before they give away EAD to him they wanted to check his crendtials. That's just my guess.

Thanks