Got EAD from SFO

vipsha

Registered Users (C)
Reached SFO at 5:20AM (which was not required)
Entered the building at 7:00AM (630 sansome street)
Went in to room number 116, droped the notice
Officer asked us to wait outside in waiting hall. Officer called us @ 8:30 took my wife's picture and gave us EAD.
No question asked, Not even a single person was in line till 7:00AM outside 630 sansome street.

During this waiting period we were trying to get status of my wife's pending case. We reached at inquiry window and asked about my wife's pending case. The lady (I would like to call her bitch) She said currently we are reviewing March 2002 interview cases so you have to wait for another yr or so. Since my wife had interview at SFO on 13th Feb'03.
I tried to explain her that my interview was done in June'02 and I got approval in June'02 it self. she said I am not asking about your case, we are talking about your wife's case and currently we are reviewing blah blah blah ....
she was not trying to understand my point. Than finally I asked her to call her supervisor. Her supervisor was also having the same reply the only thing she added that you can fill an inquiry form and we will pass that to the office who took interview and we will mail you the result of your query.

One thing I learnt that I-765 does not trigger your pending I-485 in local office. I-765 or any other application has nothing to do with your pending I-485 case at local service center. The officer who gave us the EAD , was not having any clue of 485.

One lady was also there for AP and she got the AP only for 3 months.

But on the other side, 444 washington street there were at least 100 ppl in line by 8:00AM.

we also went last month to get I ead for my husband at LA INS office. His 485 is also pending (RD/ND jan 2002). I recvd my 485 approval in Mar 2002.

When we went to get the I ead , we try to get some info on my husband's pending case and the guy was not able to give any info at all. His 2nd EAD is still pending with ND of Jan 7th 2003. God knows when that will be approved. we got the I ead though :)

Gondi,

Your husband's RD/ND is Jan'02, here I am talking about April'01 case and it has been pending in SFO local office since Dec'01.
My wife already did ADIT processing in July'02 and then again interview in Feb'03.

But those bitches were not trying to understand any thing.

Sorry I don't have any other words for them.

Alien Documentation, Identification and Telecommunication System

This is the last process in GC, you do it when you go for PP stamping after your approval or just before the approval at the time of interview.

You sign on one form and get the index finger print which goes to your plastic card ( actual GC).