Got EAD from Dallas INS Office

sdvid

Registered Users (C)
RD 8/21/02
ND 8/23/02

Went to the Dallas INS office for an Interim EAD as mine is expiring tomorrow, after having waited for 2 hours, the lady in the counter refused us a token and asked us to get a letter from my employer stating that I wouldn't be able to work if I don't have an EAD by tomorrow. We took our chance and dropped the EAD application and copy of I-765 reciept notice in Room #3. A lady called us and asked us to get a token and talk with the lady in the counter and walked with us outside, luckily there was an officer who came downstairs and he took our papers and after 15 minutes cameback and said he has taken care of everything and dropped it in room #3. We were called again after 5 minutes, they took our picture/fp and gave us the EAD which is valid for a year starting today. Guess we were really lucky. People who are planning to go to Dallas INS office make sure you get a letter from your employer stating that you would'nt be able to work after the EAD expiry period.

sdvid - wow you were lucky! I have a few questions about your experience.

1. At what time would you recommend to go?
2. Which document(s) did you submit?
3. Do they keep the original EAD receipt with themselves?

THX.

1. At what time would you recommend to go? we went there at 5.00
2. Which document(s) did you submit? I-765 application form and copy of I-765 reciept notice
3. Do they keep the original EAD receipt with themselves? I submitted just a copy, they didn't return it