Got CP!

TeeRoy

Registered Users (C)
Gang!
Finally I got the plastic card on Saturday, April 19th 2003. My interview was at Bombay on March 20th 2003. I entered, United States on April 14th at Houston, Texas.

Interview: March 20th 2003
POE: April 14th 2003, Houston, TX
Card: April 19th 2003.

The card is really cool, a neat little plastic card. It’s got pretty big magnetic strip on the back.

What's more interesting is, they also, sent a new social security number for my wife. She previously was on H4.

Also, I would sincerely like to thank this forum, and would love to help other guys around if they need any help.

Have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a little update on the card. On the back of the card right on the top edge of the magnetic strip, you would see all the presidents of the United States. And on the lower edge you would see all the national flags of various countries.

Also, I was wondering, if any of you guys have an idea about what we need to update with the empoyer once you get your green card.

Thanks!

Cheers!

TeeRoy,
Congratzzz man...that was quick. My interview was on the 21st and POE was 11th April.
We just received the welcome letters couple of days ago as well as the new SSN cards.
I guess since your POE was Houston, you got your cards very quickly.

Enjoy your freedom.

Thanks.:D

Thanks CeeBee. I was just wondering if you have done anything with your SSN thingy. I was under the impression that we need to go and change something or register, if you do have any info about this, could you please update me on that.

Cheers!

Congrats Teeroy !!!

1. With regards to your employer - you need to fill-up form I-9 (if I correctly remember the form number) and give it to them.

2. With regards to SSN, you need to go to SSN office and apply again with your new green card information. (You will get a new card with the "same SS number" - without the words "for INS authorised work only". The new card takes atleast a month to arrive, as SS office confirms your PR with INS.

Good Luck.

Congrats teeroy..

SSN - go to SSA office, fill out ss-5 and show them your passport for new SSN card- same number. We got our new card in 6-7 business days.

If you are not chanign your employer, no action is reqiuired. If you are chaning job, show them GC and fill out I-9 (employment eligibility verification).

FYI, on bottom back of the card is flags of 50 US states and flag for US. In middle is all 43 presidents. and back side is optical layers...

Enjoy...

TeeRoy,
We got the SSN cards in the mail in about a weeks time.
Do we have to follow some special procedure after we get the plastic cards. I just submitted the copy of the stamp in the passport.
Can some one please throw some light on this.

Thanks.