Got cleared I-751 -- Time line at SAN FRANCISCO

sanjayrpatel

Registered Users (C)
I-751 after marriage to US citizen applied 07/20/2003.

Got Approval letter (without any interview) 05/24/2004.

Went to San Francisco Office to drop picture for my new plastic card and got my visa GC stamped on next day(walk-in... try to go as much as early 7:00 am or before.).

hi did ur recipt start from mSC please give ur details if u can. and hw come there was no intwerview wht was ur current status before u applied for GC. thanks and congrats

Do we get any reciepts after we apply for I-751, I thought it just a call or reply after some time we shud wait for. please help/advise.

lambu22 said:
hi did ur recipt start from mSC please give ur details if u can. and hw come there was no intwerview wht was ur current status before u applied for GC. thanks and congrats

What is msc? I was on H1-B visa married to US citizen and got my temporary green card. Finally applied my permanent green card after two years and now it is approved. (I did send them picture of my wife and me together on tour to India... and specially picture of our new born daughter holding in my hand and my wife's when she was borned may have played nice role in avoiding interview... besides all standard papers like combined bank statement, combined insurance and tax paper etc.)

I believed that you have to convince them enough in letter and with documentary proof that it is actual marriage is enough to avoid interview.

edsbasis said:
Do we get any reciepts after we apply for I-751, I thought it just a call or reply after some time we shud wait for. please help/advise.

I think I did get receipt # but it is not trackable thru online. I called once INS hot line number they said this kind of case is not trackable... You just have to wait and watch.. Sometime your check may also have receipt number on back.