Priority Date: July 21, 2003
N-400 receipt letter: Aug 04, 2003
FP Notification letter: Aug 14, 2003
FP Date Aug 27, 2003
Interview date: Mar 24, 2004 morning 9:00am
Oath Date April 21, 2004 afternoon 1:00pm

Best of luck to everyone else!!
Kashi

Thanks kashinath & Congrads. Did you have any special circumstance (out of the country > months), name change or anything else?.

re : got citizenship

Originally posted by Rahul Kumar
Thanks kashinath & Congrads. Did you have any special circumstance (out of the country > months), name change or anything else?.

Rahul:

Nope. In fact we had not gone outside US at all for like 5 years. The Interview officer seemed very surprised and kept asking " you mean you haven't even been to Canada?" !!!.

The one thing they do ask at the interview is to sign your full name including your father's name on the photos and application. My usual signature has only my first and last name so that kind of threw me off and I had to improvise my signature.

I checked with the officer if I could keep my old signature elsewhere and she said yes.

FYI

Re: re : got citizenship

means if your full name is

John Patrick Kennedy in the form, then your signature has to include all 3 names even if your usual signature does not...

In fact we had not gone outside US at all for like 5 years. The Interview officer seemed very surprised and kept asking " you mean you haven't even been to Canada?" !!!.
In fact we had not gone outside US at all for like 5 years. The Interview officer seemed very surprised and kept asking " you mean you haven't even been to Canada?" !!!.

Were you asked to show your passport as proof of your not having travelled for the past 5 years?

Originally posted by Rahul Kumar
Im sure they look at it , but as a GC holder u dont need a passport to enter Canada

Hmm, I think not. If you are flying into Canadian city, you MUST show passport with GC and have to go through the immigration stuff of Canada. They *DO* stamp your passport (if not US Citizen) with arrival and departure dates. I had this experience last year in Toronto.

I did come back on a car to Niagara falls on the US side and the *DO* check the passport and/or green card on the bridge. They can do any sort of check like even asking you to open the car trunk to see if you are carrying anything illegal.

On another note, if you are travelling by even Greyhound bus along the US border, anywhere in the route you can be asked of your passport and GC. I had this experience too when I traveled in US only along the Mexico border. So when in doubt my suggestion is to carry passport all the time.

I do not like to take risks when they are not worth the time, money and experience. My two cents.

Originally posted by imminfo338

Were you asked to show your passport as proof of your not having travelled for the past 5 years?

"Most times, they always look at all your pages in the passport at the interview"

I lived in Buffalo for 2 years and visited Canada every 2-3 weeks (by car). I would have gone to and fro atleast 30 times and about 4 times by car to Montreal (from VT where I am at now). Noone has asked me for a passport, just a GC. But it may be different if you are flying in from anywhere but US. As WBC said, atleast for the first 10 times or so I always had my passport with me. Not a bad idea to have it always (technically as a PR you must have your GC with you all the time, Im not sure about passport)