Got caught in the New Law, any suggestions?

answerseeker

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I applied for Canadian PR in Jan 2002, well as you all know the laws changed as of Jan1, 2002. I had 72 when I applied and was fine since the minimum was 70, but with the new law I am 3 points short.

Greatly appreciate if any one can give me suggestions.

1. Has anyone had this same situation and what have you done that has worked?

2. Has anyone got the PR even with a few points short?

3. Anything else that I can do to overcome this concern.

Thanks

No Problem

Hi,

I think it is not a problem... since they may assesse you for an interview if u have missing points, i guess...

No Problem

Hi,

I think it is not a problem... since they may assesse you for an interview if u have missing points, i guess...

New Law

Hi,

I also send the application in Jan'02 (14th Jan to be exact ). I just got a letter from then today after a year almost saying that I need to fill in the new forms and send them again. They have given me 90 days to send these in , if I want my file to remain open.

Anyone seen this before ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
same case

got the forms today...
has anyone got this before? and what has anyone done to cover up for the 3 points.
I know learning french might be a way to but it might be tough to write the TEF exam in a short notice...
ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL HELP?

same case

I am just goning to fill the forms and send them. I am hoping that the 3 points donot make a difference. They can call me for a interview I think for covering those 3 points.

THanks

will they call for interview?

Do you know of cases where they have called for interview when lacking 3 points?
Also what will be the plan for interview? How do we convince them of the 3 points?

thanks for any feedback

Re: same case

No I don't know anyone nor have a plan. Lets see what the decision is first and then think about this later.

All the best