Got card yesterday

I485_GC

Registered Users (C)
I am so glad that the journey was finally over. I filed I-140 (NIW) in May 2003, and it got approved in July 2004 without RFE. Although 14 months seems to be very long, it was within the timeframe those days.

I filed I-485 in August 2004, didn’t get anything until the first FP notice came in July 2005. Then I was told I was stuck in the name check when I called TSC, but they actually didn’t send my case to FBI until about one year later, in other words, instead of August 2004, they initialized my case in July 2005. What a delay! But what you can do about it?

Waited for about another year, wrote a letter to the First Lady Office in September 2006 about my name check. Surprisingly, got a letter from FBI in October telling me that my name check was completed right after the First Lady Office’s inquiry. Then, I got the second FP notice in November 2006. And then, it seemed like another round waiting was started. So I contacted my local congressman office in February 2007, and they were very friendly and super helpful, because I started seeing LUDs one after another: approval notice sent on February 8, and card mailed on February 12, finally got card on February 13.

I owe a big THANK YOU to the First Lady Office for the completion of name check, and to the congressman office for the final approval, and to the friends in this forum from whom I got all the information.

Congratulations on your approval. Do you see LUD when they send finger print. I called TSC and they said my FP expired and they said they are going to send finger print notice. I also sent you a private message and I would appreciate if you could respond. Thanks