• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Got Canada PR Visa & USA DV Lottery!!!!! What to do??

gm.nayan

Registered Users (C)
Dear Members

I am a Bangladeshi citizen and currently I am living in Bangladesh. I received the USA DV lottery 2011 1st letter on May 18, 2010. But my spouse (including me & my daughter) already got the Canadian Immigration Visa (Under Federal Skilled Worker Category), and planning to land in Toronto, Canada on 30th July, 2010. I am planning to submit DS-230 & DSP-122 to KCC by the end of June, 2010. In this connection i need some clarification of following questions:

1. Is there any legal obligation in this regard?
2. If I land Canada on 30th July 2010 permanently, Can I use the Canadian mailing address (as current mailing address) in form DSP-122 (SL. 3)?
3. Can I mention the name of US Embassy/Consulate of Canada in DSP-122 (SL-4)?
4. If I got the interview letter, can I allow to attend the interview in Canada?
5. Can I fill up DSP-122 Older version OMB APPOVAL NO. 1405-0098, EXPIRATION DATE: 12/31/2006 (12-2003) instead of New version OMB APPROVAL NO. 1405-0098, EXPIRATION DATE: 01/31/2013 (01-2010)? Because the new version is not a computer fill able version.

It will be highly appreciated if someone gives me some suggestion in this regards.

Regards

Nayan

Congratulations on both fronts...
1. Legal obligation to what? I can only see you losing your fees which are already paid if you decide to give up the Canadian PR. I don't believe you can have both PRs though, you must give up one.
2. If you will be living in Canada by the time your interview comes around then you can choose to do the interview at the consulate there. You need to identify the consulate you wish to interview at in the forms.
3. See above
4. Your interview letter will identify the consulate where you would be interviewed as was requested by you in the forms sent back to KCC
5. Don't risk it, just print the most recent version and fill it out by hand.

Good Luck

Lose the usa green card and keep the canadian one ....trust me on that ...americans are leaving for canada for better life