got approved!!!!!

slavjanka

Registered Users (C)
I got approved on August 16th 2006.
My interview was scheduled at 8 AM, we got there at 7.30 AM.

At 8.10 AM we were called. Our officer was young lady. She was super nice.
She asked us a questions from all applications, like is you birthday this day, is you address is this, is your maiden name is this......etc.

Basically we were asked only one question which we had to answer, it was how we met. Thats it! The rest she was just verifying information.

Then she asked us to show document showing that we live together. She took lease copy, phone bills and thats it. She look at bank statements, credit card statements and she said she doesnt need them. And then she said you are approved. I got my passport stamped.

I am very happy that it was very easy, and I am done!

But today is August 17th 2006 and i still didnt get an e mail saying welcome to US :confused:

Thank you forum people. This forum was very helpful to prepare for interview.
Good luck to everybody who is going for the interview!

slavjanka said:
I got approved on August 16th 2006.
And then she said you are approved. I got my passport stamped.

I am very happy that it was very easy, and I am done!

But today is August 17th 2006 and i still didnt get an e mail saying welcome to US :confused:

Thank you forum people. This forum was very helpful to prepare for interview.
Good luck to everybody who is going for the interview!

Good on ye! Your stamped passport outweighs the welcome e-mail, It's good to hear they still stamp Passports at some DO's

Welcome to USA and Best wishes for your new life ahead.

Congrats! Wow, your timeline moved FAST! Great job and I am glad so many people are having hassle free interviews!
Enjoy....
BTW, I got approved on 08/11 and my welcome letter came in the mail on 11/17, so it takes a couple of days.

Congrats!! Were you in status or out of status when you applied for green card based on marriage? It's really fast!

How significant is the passport stamp?

Congrats!

Do you guys think this is OK:

Our interview did not stamp the passport (saying that we did not really need it) but he did shake our hands and said that our application has been approved and that from that point I was a lawful permanent resident and my GC will come in the mail in the next 3-4 weeks.

Is this typical? We have been married for 3. 5 years, never submitted for conditional, did not submit any docs for advanced parole. Should I worry about the fact that we did not get a stamp? Is it really that important?

Our interviewer did say that I will be eligible to apply for naturalization in 2 yrs and 9 months.

Am I just stressing or has anyone had this sort of experience?

Spasibo, A.

Our timeline for Memphis TN DO

F-1 married to USC - DO: Memphis, TN 4/2003

1//05
- Sent I-130
3/05 - i-130 Approved
5/05 - Sent I-485, I-765, I-864
7/05- I-765 Approved
7/05 - FP completed
6/06 - 2nd I-765 approved
7/06 - Received interview notice
8/06 - Interview date : APPROVED

Years of marriage to date: 3.5
Days took to get approved: 455
Interviewer telling me that I was a lawful permanent resident: timeless

For everything else use USCIS =)

Congratulations slavjanka!
With a stamp in your passport you are all set, expect to receive your GC in a week or so.