GOT APPROVED !!! - KiranHegde2

KiranHegde2

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody, after more than 4 years of frustration and struggle I got through this GC process. I called today morning to talk to IIO to ask whether they received my RFE reply and decided to check the AVM first, and heard the message "This case has been approved on Feb 1st....." I checked yesterday at 4pm and it was still saying "Your I-485 application was received on ..". I have been working for this bad employer from more than 5 years. He is so cheap, he does not even spend $25 for printing business cards for his employees that go for consulting work. Ofcourse, I am working for him from more than 5 years and till today I did not get a set of business cards after requesting many many times. I do not mind printing them on my own. But who gave me the business cards is important ! It feels good if company does it. Here are his other achievements.
-He has not given me a raise in past 3 years.
-Conducts Christmas party in the office kitchen where we do not even have chairs to sit and eat. So we all stand leaning to wall and eat salad, chips, crackers, and some chicken wings etc.,
-Only employees can attend the party (no spouses or children)
-Never calls you back when you leave a message (to save long distance cost)
-Keeps insulting you once in a while so that you are ashamed to ask for a raise.
-Normally does not attend any parties at employees houses (does not want to spend on presents)
-Does not even pay 50% of what he makes on consultants.
-His excuse to decline a request for raise is "your wife is also working"
-Never spends couple of dollars on New Year or Christmas cards for his employees.
-All employees on bench have to work on Saturday and half day on Sunday at the consulting company office.
-I have 8 years of experience. He does not feel ashamed when I tell him my wife (working in the same field) makes as much as me with 1 year experience.

After INS sent me RFE, this sneaky employer came to realize that I am very close to getting GC. So here is what happend few days ago after I made him reply for RFE in time.
- He sent me a BIRTHDAY CARD !!! after 5 years !
- Called me last week at work and tells me he is giving me a RAISE ! (without me asking !).

Anyway, the raise is just $5000 (remember I haven\'t got a raise in more than 3 years !)

I know there are many guys in similar situation. I sincerely pray god to bless them all. And here are my details:

PD: Sometime in 96
EB3, India, Regular labor certification
485 ND: Sept 13, 1999
FP done: Jun 2000
RFE Generated: Dec 14 (For employement letter)
RFE Sent (printed on notice letter): Dec 23
RFE Received (according to employer) Jan 16
RFE response mailed to INS on: Jan 24
485 Approved on: Feb 1 (according to AVM. AVM changed on Feb 6)

I will check this thread sometime today and also for couple of days to answer any questions. I will try to hang around to help people. This chat board has given me lot of information, anwers and courage to face situations. Many Many thanks to Rajiv Khanna for providing this board. Thanks to everybody who provide their info on this board and keep throwing some light on the path.

Good luck to all.

No Title

Congratulations!!!! Kiran I would open my own consulting company and compete with the guy Now that you know the in\'s and out\'s of the business.... and that\'s the American way..................

I wish you well in all your endevours

No Title

My heartly congratulations!!

I should feel fortunate about working for an American company for the past 6 years. Even though I am underpaid, they have given good raises, and treated me well.

No Title

Congrats Kiren. Sorry to see you have gone through a rough phase with your employer. There are many filthy guys out there. Happy to know, you have overcome all your hurdles successfully and now a free bird. This chat board will be missing you a lot, but that\'s life. Hope one day many like you will get out of the filthy clutches.

Congrats again.

No Title

Great news, Kiran! Congratulations and best wishes for an employer independent future ... make the most of it!!

No Title

Bhanu, conn485, Pradeep, dan dan, Chutney, krishsar, Thomas Dev, Hanuman, Bostan V, ranjan
I just want to thank you all for the wishes and responses. I really feel good sharing my excitement with you all. None of my real-life friends know this news yet. This chatboard buddies (You all) were the first ones to hear this.

Thanks again
Kiran

No Title

Congrats Kiran, May God bless you abundantly. Could you please post the name of your Company, that will help lot of people. Really I would like to see your ex-Boss. I have also had some experience like yours with my previous company. Please post your company’s name.

Thanks
Sujatha.

No Title

Sujatha, to be honest I do not feel comfortable disclosing their name. May be I will do it after I get the real card. But for now, anyone who goes to a consulting company around Atlanta area (company with Indian boss), please ask him whether you can talk to one person who got GC through them "recently". If he says he has done GCs and hesitates to give a reference, then that is most probably my boss.

No Title

AquaLung, ddd1212, suji, suresh Ram, Neil K thanks buddies. I have read postings from most of you. Guys hang in there. I have suffered mentally so much during this process. Couple of employees have quit after filing 485 in my company due to the way we are treated. Thank you all for responding and congratulating. Made me feel good.