Got Approved and stamped

india-usa

Banned
I-485 approved on 21st Jan
Received approval Notice on 31st Jan

Then today(2nd Feb'04) we went to local INS got stamped in the passports. they gave us for 1 yr then they said Card/s will come with in 9 months.

Congrats!

I want to know when you go for stamping is it necessary that your passport be valid beyond atleast 6 months?

Thanks!

Originally posted by india-usa
I-485 approved on 21st Jan
Received approval Notice on 31st Jan

Then today(2nd Feb'04) we went to local INS got stamped in the passports. they gave us for 1 yr then they said Card/s will come with in 9 months.
How long did the interview take?Did they make you many questions?In case of family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children under 14)does eryone in the family need to go for a interview?Just curious to know...

Hi India-usa,

Can you please share your stamping experience as to what documents were required to get I-551 stamp.

Thanks
Chronical.

What happens if one moves within the US after getting the PP stamped? Is getting the GC at the new address a problematic thing? Or is it straight forward and foolproof?

Re: Re: Got Approved and stamped

Tata2003 ,
I went around 8.30 AM then we are the queue to get the token, I came to window 9 AM then they gave me tokens , on the token it was showing waiting time is 1 h.13 min. Then we went to office for 20 min then we return to INS, my time came 10.20, my self and my wife went sam window we gave her 2 tokens. she took me for 10-15 min and my wife got with 10 min. COz, already she knows my file.

Around 10.35 I got stamped and my wife got 10.45 AM.

then she told me that, cards will come within 9 months. Now she gave me 1 yr.

Better to go all at one window, Just they will ask your birth place , like father name and mother name. coz they r checking whether all the information and spellings are correct.

Good luck...........

Re: Re: what r ur details

Ceekoo,
Arre freind, I mentioned another Thread all my info.

OK, Here is the info .......

Center : VSC
Category : EB2 (Masters) FUture Employement and I used already approved LC .

LC got approvd Mar/Apr 2002
Then I applied I-140
RD : 07/10/02
ND : 07/13/02

Then I-485/EAD
RD : 09/26/02
ND : 10/07/02

1 St EAD AD : 01/28/03
Expire Date : 01/27/04
1st FP : 11/08/03
EAD Renewal and AP:
RD : 09/30.03
ND : 10/01/03
Then I went local INS on Jan 22nd to get IEAD then they gave me appointment on 23rd 7 AM. I asked abt AP then she told me that they r reveiwing ur application.
finally got IEAD on 23 rd for 3 months.

Then I checked online status on 31st Jan then My EAD,AP r showing stil same message(we received ur appl. on Oct 1st)
and I checked my I-485 receipt then it is showing approved on Jan 21st. I went check my post then i got the Approval notice also.
and I went to Feb 2nd to get stamping , Now my passport stamped for 1 yr.

I-485 : AD : 01/21/04
RD : 01/31/04
Stamped passport : 02/02/04..

Note: my I-485 approved on Jan 21st but I went local INS to get IEAD on 22nd and 23rd. but they didn't tell me anything and they gave me IEAD also. this is what INS doing.
anyway thans and good luck to all......

I think we have to inform address change otherwise it is a prob for us. coz they will send cards by post, it will go old address only.
when go for stamping they will ask what is the address and this address is your name or someones name?

MJRDJAN2002
They didn't ask see whether it is valid for 6 months or not. I think If it a 6 months period is good. They will see all the info your passport details are correct like our parents names, birth place and DOB etc..