Got AP from Baltimore INS office on same day

sam99

Registered Users (C)
Just want to share this information. I received my AP from local Baltimore INS office on the same day. It took roughly 3 hrs for the whole process and I was given multiple entry AP with one year validity.

Congrats..

you live in that juridicution or you went to Baltimore from some other area? also is u r 485 pending in Vermont ?? your reply is greatly appreciated.
thanks.

Vinnu

>>you live in that juridicution or you went to Baltimore from some >>other area?

Yes, I live in same jurisdiction of Baltimore area and Hopkins Plaza office is the closest one to my place.

>>also is u r 485 pending in Vermont ??
Yes, my 485 application is still pending in Vermont and waiting for my approval. Here are my details: RD 11/3/01, ND 12/6/01, EB3/IND/MD. I changed my job after 180 days using AC21 law and also informed INS abt the change of employer.

AC21

Hi,

Could please give me the details about the AC21.

What did you sent to INS to notify the job change? I mean what are the documents?

Thanks in advance.

GCWAIT

sam99.
It is nice to hear your good news.
My I140 is approved but my I485 is still pending.
you mean I can get AP at Local INS?
What material do I need to bring for the AP?
Appreciate your help!

Sam99,
I also got AP from Baltimore INS on Dec31, but they give only for 6month i.e. valid upto Jun30,03.
Did you specifically ask for one or any other reason how did you get for one year validity ? Your reponse will be appreciated.

Thanks
---------------------------------------
RD : Nov,14,01 & ND : Dec07,01

Re: AC21

Originally posted by gcwait555
Hi,

Could please give me the details about the AC21.

What did you sent to INS to notify the job change? I mean what are the documents?

Thanks in advance.

GCWAIT

In AC21, 485 applicant can take advantage of changing the employer after completing 180 days of filing of I-485 provided the job and duties should be similar and match to your labor job description. In my case, my attorney notified INS regarding my job change and as per her, it is better to notify them to avoid any problems during applying naturalisation.

There is no such form to fill up in AC21, you just have to provide ur new employment letter and brief cover letter.

Many ppl do not notify INS and still they get approve, FYI

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by presbyopia
sam99.
It is nice to hear your good news.
My I140 is approved but my I485 is still pending.
you mean I can get AP at Local INS?
What material do I need to bring for the AP?
Appreciate your help!

Yes, you can get AP from local Baltimore INS office (not sure of other INS office). Following documents are required for AP:

1) I-131 Application form (can be downloaded from ins website)
2) Fees $80 per applicant
3) 2 ADIT style photos
4) copy of 485 receipt
5) Passport for veirfication purpose.

If you are working for the same employer and have valid visa on ur PP, then INS won't issue AP to you as u can very well travel on that visa without any problems.

All the best.

Originally posted by cmacti
Sam99,
I also got AP from Baltimore INS on Dec31, but they give only for 6month i.e. valid upto Jun30,03.
Did you specifically ask for one or any other reason how did you get for one year validity ? Your reponse will be appreciated.

Thanks
---------------------------------------
RD : Nov,14,01 & ND : Dec07,01

My H1 was valid till next year 2004 and that may be the reason they issued me 1 year AP. I haven't mentioned any duration on the form nor any reason.

thanks

DO you mean
We cann't get AP unless our I140 get approved first. or there is there is nothing to do with it as long as we have I485 receipt?

Hi Sam,
For the downloaded form for AP, do you print it one sided (on 2 sheets), or 2 sided (back to back on the same sheet).
Thanks,
-skk01..