Got an RFE

miracle123

Registered Users (C)
I just got an email from USCIS saying they have sent me an RFE. Dont know what it is about. Just when I thought I was close, this happened!

Typically how long does it take from when the RFE reply is received to approval ? Thanks,

RD: March 2003
FP: June 2003

Normally from one week to forever. I hope I don't scare you. Please make sure to ask your attonery about the Officer number. You will find out the estimate time on 485 Ref Tracker for each officer. For some officers approve within 1 to 2 week but for some more than 60 days still no answer found. Just like me. Please see below.

RD NOV 2001
Ref: 2/18/04
Ref ack: 03/11/04 More than 60days
AD:????

I have been in the same job for the past 6 years, no address change either. No dependent to approve and not from a special registration country. In spite of it TSC has sent an RFE!!!

I think its time to let go and forget about the GC. It will come when it will. I'll go mad if I keep thinking about it

Lots Of Rfe

I AM IN THE SAME AS YOU ARE MIRACLE123.
RD/ND: 03-02
FP: 04-03
RFE: 05-17-04 AND WAITING TO FIND OUT WHAT IT IS ABOUT.

SAME JOB, SAME EVERYTHING, BUT STILL GOT A RFE.

I GUESS THAT IS WAY IT IS.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU. :confused:

how is it possible to get an email from them on the status or RFE on my case? What do I need to set that up?
Please help.
Thanks.

miracle123 said:
I have been in the same job for the past 6 years, no address change either. No dependent to approve and not from a special registration country. In spite of it TSC has sent an RFE!!!

I think its time to let go and forget about the GC. It will come when it will. I'll go mad if I keep thinking about it
miracle123,
Now days it is quite normal to get RFE from TSC. In you case, I would guess it might be EVL or continue legal status for the past several year. No matter what it will be, you should feel happy that your case has been touched by the officer. You are almost there. Good news will follow this very soon. Best wishes!

I am in the same boat

Hi Miracle123,

I am in the same situation as you are -- no dependants to approve, no change of address, and in the same job for more than 6 years. My RD is 3/6/02 and FP is 4/3/03. Sent them a fax and a letter about a month ago, letting them know that my FP is expiring in July. But still haven't heard anything from TSC.

Good luck with your RFE and hope it is something simple and you will get your GC soon. Don't give up hope.

SaiKripa

So far as of today you are the luckest one because no any approval posting yet in this forum.

hey safari!
Thanks. I do have a quick question though. Whn I am filling out that sign up sheet, it asks for city, county, state, and then country! What are these info - where I live now? I mean my current address or where I am originally from? It may sound like a dumb question, but what threw me off is under the drop down menu of country, why are all the countries listed? Shouldn't it be just USA? U know what I mean?
Please let me know.
Thanks.