Got a response from my DO

Ladybuggy

Registered Users (C)
On January 8th I called USCIS to file a Inquiery into my case because nothing has happen yet.
Today I recieved a Letter from my DO saying "YOUR CASE IS BEING REVIEWED AND YOU WILL RECIEVE NOTICE WITHIN 90-120 DAYS. NO CORRESPONDENCE HAS BEEN MAILED AS OF YET."
The Oath Letter waiting game continues but I am happy they responded so fast. The Lady at USCIS told me it could take up to 45 days and the letter was typed January 10th and I recieved it today

My response kind of look like your laddybuddy. It goes like this "WE ARE ACTIVELY PROCESSING THIS CASE. HOWEVER, WE HAVE TO PERFORM ADDITIONAL REVIEW ON THIS CASE AND THIS HAS CAUSED A LONGER PROCESSING TIME. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A DECISION OR OTHER NOTICE OF ACTION FROM US WITHIN 6MONTHS OF THIS LETTER, PLEASE CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE"
I don't know what to make of this letter. Is additional review the same as "your case being reviewed?

HI Laddybuggy , why was your N400 Returned the first time ?

Also what did the N652 say which you got on your interview ?

NameCheck .... mine didn't say the additional review thing. Kinda weird why yours does .. hmmm. Good Luck and keep us posted

HI Laddybuggy , why was your N400 Returned the first time ?

Because I wrote accidently the wrong amount on my check and you know what .. I wasn't returned to me. It was returned to someone in Nebraska, lol. She was the one who contacted me and send it to me so actually the Lady in Nebraska returned my N-400, lol.

Also what did the N652 say which you got on your interview ?

The Congratulations Part was checked and I was told I should be taking the Oath in either December or January .. yea right, lol

Re : ladybuggy

Thanks Ladybuggy ,

this is strange , because what I have found from reading these forums the USCIS stopped scheduling interviews unless the name check is cleared , so the fact that you were interviewed got your congratulations letter saying you have passed and also told that name check was pending seems strange , as usually in such cases they would say that a decision cannot be made on your application.

Anyways probably different DO / Service centers have different process , I understands yours is KC / Nebraska , whereas mine was Atlanta / Texas , and I have seen no one on Atlanta DO forums who got the interview congratulation's letters while the name check was pending.

I was told I have met the requirements , was given N652 , saying you have passsed and will be scheduled for interview if final approval is granted , which is usual process ( supervisory audit) , and the IO told me that I should expect the Oath Letter in 3-4 weeks ( 2 Months and still waiting).

Hi , Does anyone know what is the best series of ''Options'' to choose while calling the USCIS customer service line for best chance of getting to an Immigration Officer ?

Hi , Does anyone know what is the best series of ''Options'' to choose while calling the USCIS customer service line for best chance of getting to an Immigration Officer ?

you can tell em you were on the phone with the officer and ur line dropped and see if they can transfer the call to the IO's other than it's virtually impossible. the customer service ppl don't budge :(

I am sure by now they have heard EVERY excuse there is in the book just so you get to talk to a IO. I honestly you should have a right if you are at a certain stage or had to wait for so long.

Here is another "rule" I just found out. If you file an Inquiry which I did Jan 08 I think it was the Lady told me that it can take up to 45 Days for a response which didn't surprise me. But not even later I had a letter from my local DO explaining (sorta) what is going on. Well now though I can't file another Inquest for 45 Days from the day I filed my first one ...