Got a reply from fbi namecheck

another Shoker from FBI

I called FBINCCP again this morning and I got another shocker.

I was told that they have stopped replying to the emails bacause they are doing some kind of a special program. When I explained that my name check is pending since dec 2003, I was told to call back in a few months.

I too get the same answer from calling FBI NNCP. The lady told me that they stopped replying email enquiries. Only those emails that were sent before Feb this year were replied. No wonder I never got a reply for the email I sent on Feb 22, 2005.

Now PD matters, not RD or ND.

My PD, Nov 2001 (wish it is 1999).

Good luck to everybody, and myself.

What about priority date?

123_sam said:
I am going to explore the option of filing a lawsuit.

As you've probably noticed, the I-485 retrogression on priority date will make the lawsuit more difficult to succeed. I am also considering a lawsuit.

What if you have been interviewed a year back and are just waiting for approval due to name check.
Are you still affected by the retrogression.>>>>>>

Surely it will be affected. My case should have been approved long time ago if it wasn't delayed by the stupid name check.

Hi guys,
I also called FBI NNCP yesterday, and lady told me they stopped responding emails for next 90 days. that means hopefully they will start replying emails after 3 months.. hopefully... I send email in third week of august'05, may be i will receive reply next year..:(.. mine is marriage base 485 and... don't know whn i will come out of this biggest mess i ever suffer.... congressman, senetor, governer... all useless.. i tried each n every person.. no help...
only hope i have is from God... !! pls.. help me GOD...

I talked to my lawyer yestoday and was suggested file a lawsuit of FBI. What are the advantages and disadvantages for lawsuit? what's the chance to win? how long the process before you have any result? Anybody can help?

FBI name check experience

My FBI name check was initiated in June 2004. FBI responded to my fax inquiry in Sept 2004. Basically the fax is saying that my name check is pending. I then contacted local house of representative. The local house of representative office contacted FBI total 3 times from Oct 2004 to July 2005, per my request. For the first 2 times, the reply from FBI is that name check is pending. The last reply dated July 2005 mentioned that my name check is under active review. To my great surprise, my green card was approved in Sept 2005. If your FBI name check is pending over 6 months, it's a good idea to contact local house of representative because it takes FBI 4 weeks to get back to them, yet it takes FBI 2-6 months to get back to us. Also please be nice to local house of representative staff since they are doing us a favor.

zzhang16,

Thanks for the info. What exactly do you mean by local house of representative ? Are you referring to local congressmen and senators ?

Thanks
123_sam

zzhang16 said:
My FBI name check was initiated in June 2004. FBI responded to my fax inquiry in Sept 2004. Basically the fax is saying that my name check is pending. I then contacted local house of representative. The local house of representative office contacted FBI total 3 times from Oct 2004 to July 2005, per my request. For the first 2 times, the reply from FBI is that name check is pending. The last reply dated July 2005 mentioned that my name check is under active review. To my great surprise, my green card was approved in Sept 2005. If your FBI name check is pending over 6 months, it's a good idea to contact local house of representative because it takes FBI 4 weeks to get back to them, yet it takes FBI 2-6 months to get back to us. Also please be nice to local house of representative staff since they are doing us a favor.

zzhang16,

Hi Guys,

Could you pl. tell me how did you contact your representative? Did you call his/her office or sent him/her an email.

Would appreciate if you could send the mail format as well..

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Today we receive a letter from CIS for doing my son's biometics (code 3) on Octomber after the long wait. Can somebody help to on the following:

1. Does this mean the Name Check for my son completed?

2. What the code 3 or 2 means?

3. How long we can get the approval notice after the biometrics?

4. He is asked to have the appointment on middle of Octomber, can we do earlier? as we need his green card for college application.

Thanks a lots.

bqa said:
I'm in the same situation as pass33. We applied I-485 in Oct. 2002, and got approved for my wife, my daugter and myself in Aug. 2004, BUT not my son due to Name check. My son is 17 now and this pending status has huge impact on his college application in the coming fall: he'll be treated as international student for admission and the rate is much smaller!

I and my lawyer did a number inquiries to FBI but no response. We also tried to get help from local congressman but was told they can do little to ask FBI to accelarate the process.

I consulted with my lawyer on the FOIPA inquirire but was warned that a FOIA request would not be helpful and, in fact, could harm the case. Because the name check/fingerprint requests are sent to the FBI electronically, no record will show up in the files. Doing a FOIA request would cause the file to be transferred away from the California Service Center and all work on his case would stop. Therefore, they do not recommend a FOIA request.

Can the congressman can really help for name check? and my lawyer's option on FOIPA is correct?

I'd appreciate very much for any of you suggestions.

I called FBINCCP again today. The special project that they are busy with involves completing the namecheck requests from 2001 to 2003. No expected date of completion has been set for the project.

123_sam

123_sam said:
I called FBINCCP again this morning and I got another shocker.

I was told that they have stopped replying to the emails bacause they are doing some kind of a special program. When I explained that my name check is pending since dec 2003, I was told to call back in a few months.

Hi 123_sam,
This is good news for us that FBI working on backlogged cases from 2001-2003. I wish they wrap these up asap. :)
thanks for sharing this information. at least it gives some hope to hopeless ppl like us.

123_sam,
where did u call FBI, can u give em the number?
Is there anything specific to remember/to take care of before calling them.
I am also waiting for My I-485....
I tried congress man , uscis call everything, nothing helped.....

salaa,
the number is 202-324-3625. However they will not give you any specific information for your case. Good Luck ! Let us know if you get any new information.

123_sam

salaa said:
123_sam,
where did u call FBI, can u give em the number?
Is there anything specific to remember/to take care of before calling them.
I am also waiting for My I-485....
I tried congress man , uscis call everything, nothing helped.....