Got a "fast track" interview in SF office

wac205

Registered Users (C)
This is what my Immigration lawyer sent to me. Has anyone else had this? My case was a EB1 type. My 485 was filed in June 2002. My case had been moved from the California processing center to Vermont over a year ago (dont know why - I have continued to live in California and have not changed employers etc). It was then moved to the San Francisco local office in March of this year.
Hopefully the end is near!

I received some great news from an officer at San Francisco CIS. He said that XXX and his wife can have a fast-track interview (basically drop off some documents and not go through the verbal interview) and get their I-551 (green card) stamps this month. In order to do this, they must do the following prior to September 27:

1. Go for fingerprinting at the San Francisco Application Support Center between Sept. 7 and 18. They are open Tuesday through Saturday, 8:00 am to 3:30 pm. This is a separate office from the SF CIS office.

2. Each must take the following into San Francisco CIS prior to September 27:
Fax from CIS
Current employment letter stating position, duties, and salary
Signed income tax forms (federal only) for 2002 and 2003
W-2 forms for 2002 and 2003
Two most recent payroll earning statements
All advance parole documents
Letter stating they have not been arrested or deported and some other language (I will send)
They should also take passports for the green card stamp and all EAD's.
I am not 100% sure that they will get the I-551 stamps if the fingerprints have not cleared, but the officer made it sound like they would.​

No, never heard of this, certainly good news.Thanks for sharing this.
Can you clarify this:
You meant another client of your attorney got this fast track thing, right?
Did he or your attorney do anything to get this or the local office automatically offered this? BTW, when was that person's file originally filed and transferred to local office? Does your attorney imply that he expected that you and others would get the fast track thing as well?

wac205 said:
This is what my Immigration lawyer sent to me. Has anyone else had this? My case was a EB1 type. My 485 was filed in June 2002. My case had been moved from the California processing center to Vermont over a year ago (dont know why - I have continued to live in California and have not changed employers etc). It was then moved to the San Francisco local office in March of this year.
Hopefully the end is near!

I received some great news from an officer at San Francisco CIS. He said that XXX and his wife can have a fast-track interview (basically drop off some documents and not go through the verbal interview) and get their I-551 (green card) stamps this month. In order to do this, they must do the following prior to September 27:

1. Go for fingerprinting at the San Francisco Application Support Center between Sept. 7 and 18. They are open Tuesday through Saturday, 8:00 am to 3:30 pm. This is a separate office from the SF CIS office.

2. Each must take the following into San Francisco CIS prior to September 27:
Fax from CIS
Current employment letter stating position, duties, and salary
Signed income tax forms (federal only) for 2002 and 2003
W-2 forms for 2002 and 2003
Two most recent payroll earning statements
All advance parole documents
Letter stating they have not been arrested or deported and some other language (I will send)
They should also take passports for the green card stamp and all EAD's.
I am not 100% sure that they will get the I-551 stamps if the fingerprints have not cleared, but the officer made it sound like they would.​

Don't worry!!!

These sort of miracles never happens to ALL!!!! We would have to wait for one more year....

abc01 said:
Can you clarify this:
Did he or your attorney do anything to get this or the local office automatically offered this? BTW, when was that person's file originally filed and transferred to local office? Does your attorney imply that he expected that you and others would get the fast track thing as well?

Can you clarify this:

Sorry for the confusion. No, the attorney was referring to me and my wife who got the fast track. The letter was written to my company secretary who does the correspondence with the lawyers.

I dont believe anything special was done to obtain this. We dont really know why the case was transferred from California to Vermont and then back to the SF local office. My respective application and transfer dates were posted in my original post.

Thanks for the clarification, it is good luck, keep us posted on your progress.
Hopefully, we will all have good luck soon.

wac205 said:
Sorry for the confusion. No, the attorney was referring to me and my wife who got the fast track. The letter was written to my company secretary who does the correspondence with the lawyers.

I dont believe anything special was done to obtain this. We dont really know why the case was transferred from California to Vermont and then back to the SF local office. My respective application and transfer dates were posted in my original post.

wac205,

congrats on the good news. Could you clarify some points?

Were your fingerprints expired? I assume they were, so that means your case got transferred before you got called in for 2nd FP. Please confirm.
I assume your appointment date is 09/27/04, is that right?
If that's correct, and your case got transferred 03/04, how long was it between your case getting transferred and getting the appointment notice?

Me:

WAC02276*****
RD 09/02
2nd FP 08/14/04, status changed few days later
case transferred to SF 08/21/04
2 EAD, 2 AP

thanks a bunch,

maiaia

Were your fingerprints expired? I assume they were, so that means your case got transferred before you got called in for 2nd FP. Please confirm.
I assume your appointment date is 09/27/04, is that right?
If that's correct, and your case got transferred 03/04, how long was it between your case getting transferred and getting the appointment notice?

Yes, my fingerprints had expired. I got the FP notice (actually my third) and the appointment notice in the same mail, ie. together.
They basically said I need to get my FP done first before coming in for the fast track interview on any day till the 27th of September. I did my FP yesterday (7th) and am planning to go for the interview on the 10th (friday).

The case was transferred to SF on 4/March/04 and I got the FP/interview notice on 4/Sept/04 - exactly 6 months. I am not too sure what triggered the whole thing. Perhaps it was my EAD/AP application. I had applied for my (third) EAD/AP in December of last year and have still not had it approved. It triggered a wierd RFE from the SF office about my mailing address :confused: and I had to go and stand in line in San Jose to get an interm/emergency EAD. Am still waiting for the AP! I had to skip a lot of personal and business trips as a result. Hopefully it will not matter very soon. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got approved!!!

The SF local office just approved my (and my wife's) case. I got a notice from them about two weeks ago asking me to come in for a fast track interview. Went in, submitted my docs (tax papers, employment letters etc) on the 10th. Got my approval letter on the 21st.

The "interview" itself was anticlimatic. The staff person simply took our docs and did not really ask us any questions. He made us sign the card and took our fingerprints. We were in and out of the office in less than an hour, and it would have been faster if the counter was not closed for lunch.

It definately looks like the cases are finally speeding along very rapidly. For those of you still waiting, have hope. If it happend to me (with all the wierd transfers from csc->vsc->SF, along with a 6+ month delay in my 3rd EAD) it will happen to you!!