Got a call from FBI Name check

jaiganesh2004

Registered Users (C)
Applied for Name check on Aug-05-2004. Just got a call saying they cleared the Name check Yesterday i.e. Sept, 1 2004 and send the information back to the INS.

What is the approval time frame after sending the name check back to the INS?

RD-01/24/2002
ND-02/06/2002
FP2- 04/05/2004
AD-???????????

It looks like your case was pending approval and it was just waiting for Name Check. Since your name check is done, you can expect your approval in the coming weeks soon.

You should be now proactive and follow up on your case as your ND is past the processing time. Call CIS and raise a ticket and also call your Local Congressman/Senator and also email to Mr.Khatri and that will put some pressure on CIS hopefully trigger your approval.

Hi jaiganesh2004

Could u please tell me the procedure how u applied for name check.

RD 02/27/04
AD???

jaiganesh2004 said:
Applied for Name check on Aug-05-2004. Just got a call saying they cleared the Name check Yesterday i.e. Sept, 1 2004 and send the information back to the INS.
jaiganesh2004: Congrats and please share your experience. ic

simba2002 said:
Hi jaiganesh2004

Could u please tell me the procedure how u applied for name check.

RD 02/27/04
AD???
Simba2002
Fax the letter giving all the details of your case to 202 324 3367

can i?

Hi jaiganesh,
My RD is 9/2003.. My FP1 was done a week back.. Can send FAX to FBI asking about Name Check.. or should i wait till the processing date approces near my RD.

Thanks in advance.

will_be_there said:
Hi jaiganesh,
My RD is 9/2003.. My FP1 was done a week back.. Can send FAX to FBI asking about Name Check.. or should i wait till the processing date approces near my RD.

Thanks in advance.
You can send the FBI name check. It seems the FBI name check is done only once in the whole 485 approval. Why to waste the time.

COngrtulation, Jaiganesh2004.

I think you may fax FBI letter about your name check status inquiry, RIght?

I got the reply from FBI and was told that my name check is still pending, although INS asked my name check in May 2003. So, it seems that FBI delayed my name check, I just do not know whether I can ask for an expedite name check?

thanks, pls. share your expericen.

jaiganesh2004 said:

What is the approval time frame after sending the name check back to the INS?

RD-01/24/2002
ND-02/06/2002
FP2- 04/05/2004
AD-???????????

givemegreencard said:
COngrtulation, Jaiganesh2004.

I think you may fax FBI letter about your name check status inquiry, RIght?

I got the reply from FBI and was told that my name check is still pending, although INS asked my name check in May 2003. So, it seems that FBI delayed my name check, I just do not know whether I can ask for an expedite name check?

thanks, pls. share your expericen.
HI Givemegreencard
I just faxed the letter to FBI and got a letter from them saying they send the results back to INS on Sept 1st. I dont know how to expediate the name check.

I will share my experience once I get more details from INS.

When do they really initiate name check?

I sent a fax request to FBI for name check status on Aug 18 and got a reply today via email that they cleared my name check on June 11, 2003 !!! Now my question is, my I-485 was submitted in May 2003 and my ND was May 29, 2003. My fingerprint was done in Mar 2004. So it appears that they initiated the name check as soon as my I-485 was applied and it was cleared in 12 days too!!!

Later on, my EAD and AP applications were supposedly held up due to security checks and took 11 months to process. These applications were submitted in Sep 03 ... RFE issued on Feb 04 ... but then no information for 5 months. I submitted three queries between May and July. And finally I got a letter from VSC in mid-July that my applications were held up for security checks. So I am now confused which checks were my applications were waiting on?!! IBIS checks ... how can it take 11 months?!!

Shaf

Can you tell me what was the email address you got that email from.

I am afraid my mail dont get into junk mail

dear jaiganesh2004,
you mean you ASKED fbi to do name checke for you instead of
CHECKING your name check status, is this right?

If you asked FBI do that for you, what is your ground, and how you write that
letter?

Thanks in tons, pls. share experience.

:p
jaiganesh2004 said:
You can send the FBI name check. It seems the FBI name check is done only once in the whole 485 approval. Why to waste the time.

Dear Shaf,

I am almost in the same boat.
MY I485 RD is May 2003, and in the same month, INS asked FBI to do name check, but I just got a fax from FBI, as a response of my lately inquiry, that my name check is still pending - it took such long time while many name checks are done promptly!!!

Just do not know why, I think I need to fax FBI again to ask a expedite processing.

Shaf said:
I sent a fax request to FBI for name check status on Aug 18 and got a reply today via email that they cleared my name check on June 11, 2003 !!! Now my question is, my I-485 was submitted in May 2003 and my ND was May 29, 2003. My fingerprint was done in Mar 2004. So it appears that they initiated the name check as soon as my I-485 was applied and it was cleared in 12 days too!!!

Later on, my EAD and AP applications were supposedly held up due to security checks and took 11 months to process. These applications were submitted in Sep 03 ... RFE issued on Feb 04 ... but then no information for 5 months. I submitted three queries between May and July. And finally I got a letter from VSC in mid-July that my applications were held up for security checks. So I am now confused which checks were my applications were waiting on?!! IBIS checks ... how can it take 11 months?!!

Dear jaiganesh2004,

Thanks a lot for reply. SO you mean you faxed the letter try to get your name check status, you did not fax the letter asking FBI to do name check immeditely for you, is this right????

My name check has been delayed a lot, I am thinking asking for an expedite name check, I donot know whether i can do it or not. This is why I have this
question for you.

thanks again
jaiganesh2004 said:
HI Givemegreencard
I just faxed the letter to FBI and got a letter from them saying they send the results back to INS on Sept 1st. I dont know how to expediate the name check.

I will share my experience once I get more details from INS.

Thanks for your replies, Guys!

Checkoo, I got the reply from David Hardy <h9m47r4@fbi.gov> ...

givemegreeencard ... sorry to hear your namecheck is still pending. Do you have a common name that could be the reason for the holdup? You should definitely request for an expedited name check.

BTW, I am from a SR country but the FBI check still got cleared in 12 days (to my surprise) ... but if it was held up for the CIA checks as truenblue says, then I'm not sure how to check the status of that. I travelled overseas quite a bit in the last few years, could that be a reason for the international check delay?

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Givemegreencard,

I asked the name check realated to our I-485 application. They gave the call telling they have send the information regarding the name check eqnuiry initiated by INS not by me. I got the letter stating the same, giving they send the information to INS on Sept. 1 st.