Got a 09/18 LUD? Please read.

kidd636

Registered Users (C)
Got a Sept LUD? Please read.

It has been quite a while since I last checked my case status and coincidentally enough, when I decide to check yesterday (09/18), I had an LUD that very same day!

And since I was not able to monitor the days prior to that LUD, I'm now curious as to what's the trend for other guys who had LUDs around the same period and were able to track the days before that. I just wanted to have an idea if this was the only LUD since my FP last May 2007 or if this is part of a series of LUDs that happened this week.

Hopefully, this thread would serve as some sort of tracker too as to what happens to the guys who got September LUDs. :)

Goodluck to us all! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Always is a good sign if someone gets LUDs. If not getting in line for approval, at least someone is working on your case. I had a couple last week but after I sent them a letter to Port my priority date.

Good luck and best regards.

Always feels good to have a LUD at first and then...

I used to check for the LUDs on a regular basis and always thought that my turn will be next...

And then it appears that the LUD thing is somewhat random. My wife and I have been having one every 2 months or so for a year without any change in the online message.

My point is don't put too much expectation on it!

Cheers,

Matlab.

I had Lud on 09/18 after a long time(rfe).
I was happy for once.
But I am not expecting anything soon.:eek:

EB3
PD:10/2002;485 :09/2003
Fp expired
VSC to NSC

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to share with the group:

I just decided to give NSC a call today to hopefully fish out further details on my case without going through Infopass. Here's what happened:

I was able to speak with an IO who was very accomodating. (lucky me i guess! :) ). When I inquired if my case has already passed the security checks including FBI name check, she laughingly said that she is not suppossed to discuss it, but she'll divulge it anyway! :) Gee, I guess I caught her in a really good mood eh? ;)

Anyway, she said that my case has already cleared the security checks and that it is just waiting to be assigned to an officer. :) What a relief!
Another important note that she mentioned was that they are currently out of visa numbers and won't have them until the first week of October. So I guess being approved this month is out of the question. I'm just wondering where the visa numbers for the approvals this week are coming from? Or are they the last ones? :confused:

Btw, how long does it usually take for a case to be assigned to an officer? Any further details on this, like what's next after being assigned? Is this the final internal step before the approval notice? Am I that close already? Thanks in advance! :)

Same response!

Just to share with the group:

I just decided to give NSC a call today to hopefully fish out further details on my case without going through Infopass. Here's what happened:

I was able to speak with an IO who was very accomodating. (lucky me i guess! :) ). When I inquired if my case has already passed the security checks including FBI name check, she laughingly said that she is not suppossed to discuss it, but she'll divulge it anyway! :) Gee, I guess I caught her in a really good mood eh? ;)

Anyway, she said that my case has already cleared the security checks and that it is just waiting to be assigned to an officer. :) What a relief!
Another important note that she mentioned was that they are currently out of visa numbers and won't have them until the first week of October. So I guess being approved this month is out of the question. I'm just wondering where the visa numbers for the approvals this week are coming from? Or are they the last ones? :confused:

Btw, how long does it usually take for a case to be assigned to an officer? Any further details on this, like what's next after being assigned? Is this the final internal step before the approval notice? Am I that close already? Thanks in advance! :)
This is exactly what they have been telling me right before my approval that my case is awaiting to be assigned to an officer. I would say sit tight and you should see it before end of this month.;)
Good Luck again

Waiting for review

My wifes case also says that waiting for an officer review (Service Request). What does this mean? I am the primary applicant and my Service request just showed that "Background check ...blah blah.. blah..). ANy ideas

I got it too.

I got an other soft LUD on my case. Hope they did not change their mind.

Malik_labor,
I too got a soft LUD on 9/18 after getting approval and card production emial on 9/17.......god know's what's going on:confused:
I am thinking, may be when they actually mail it out, an LUD is generated.
Any ideas, folks?

PERM filing - How to check online status

I got my labor filed through PERM and got the case #. How do i check status online?

I think, Once approved, they put the file somewhere in archive database, which again triggers and LUD.

How much can you trust the online system? Will all cases eventually be there?

We received receipt notices yesterday (for three of us) and the I485 receipt number for my daughter does not work. The message is that there is no such case. The lawyer refuses to do anything: "Because the online system is not always accurate".

Should I be concerned about this? Or having the paper form is enough?

Called up NSC last Friday and I was unfortunately assigned to a very strict IO who couldn't give me any further information apart from the fact that my case is pending (duh! i wouldn't have bothered calling if that's all i wanted to know!) :p

BUT today I just tried again, and this time I got another friendly IO! :D
She confirmed that my case already INDEED passed all the security checks (namecheck, fingerprint check etc), and that my case is just waiting for a visa number (which will be available in October). She also said that they are expecting that they are going to be "hit hard" when the visa numbers come out, so her rough approval estimate is around Oct 18-26 (dunno what was her basis for those exact dates though).

Those with LUDs on 09/18 (or close), have you tried calling up NSC to check if your cases are just waiting for visa numbers too?

Hopefully, our long wait will be over. Goodluck to us all!

Hi When you call the IO, dialling the 1800 number I am able to reach till the Lin# but when I type my number without the dashes, its says invalid. Can I just skip that and ask for customer service to tell them the number and they pull up the case.
Thanks

I called, but I didn't have luck to speak to the nice IO so that I couldn't get any useful information on my case. I have 2 LUDs on 9/18 and 9/19. RD: 5/2007 EB3 (ROW) Good luck to all of us!

I called, but I didn't have luck to speak to the nice IO so that I couldn't get any useful information on my case. I have 2 LUDs on 9/18 and 9/19. RD: 5/2007 EB3 (ROW) Good luck to all of us!

Sounds like we're on the same boat. Our RDs are fairly close. Let's cross our fingers and sit tight till next month :)