Got 485 Approval... Any harm is telling my employer about it?

unclesa

Registered Users (C)
I recently got my employment based 485 approval. No plastic yet!

I am working for 'abusive' body shopping company. Is there any harm in letting him know that I am approved? I am worried he will feel I am going to leave him soon (which I might :) ).

I am surprised he does not know about my approval. Doesn't USCIS send approval to them as well ?

No, they don't know unless the attorney goes the extra mile and letting em know. If your intent is to leave them, I will only give info on "Need to Know" basis. If your EAD is still valid you are good to go.

I meant if the employer has a valid EAD in the OP's records, then he is good, as far as employment is concerned, never meant the EAD is valid for any other purpose.

No. My employer knows I have valid EAD but does not know any other EAD details. I had applied it myself via efile. He has my H1b info.

Well that's good, BTW the job market smells like trash now, my advice don't leave unless you have a very strong offer with a company in good standing.

No. My employer knows I have valid EAD but does not know any other EAD details. I had applied it myself via efile. He has my H1b info.

Your H1 has also become invalid by virtue of your I-485 approval. Once you have your GC you need to update your employment information with your employer because it is yours and their responsibility to ensure you have a proper I-9 on file at all times.

Once you have your GC you need to update your employment information with your employer because it is yours and their responsibility to ensure you have a proper I-9 on file at all times.

Not really. There is nothing that requires the employee or employer to update the I-9 of an existing employee working in the same job, before the expiration date of the existing I-9.