• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Got 2nd letter , now what next?

sohana

Registered Users (C)
Friends
After long waiting got my second letter. Interview on 15th July at Dhaka. Please advice me on the following points( if any Bangladeshi like Zahed, Sumon or who has recently done his interview replies it will be of great help for me- but anybody can reply if he knows correctly) :

1. When I should make appointment for MEDICAL and who will be better among three doctors on list?
2.Which papers I have to translate in English and by whom and where?
3. Which papers I should attest by Foreign Ministry?
4. There is a form attached in second package written "Questinnaire for additional processing" For whom it is given? Me, my husband or 2 child ( below 12 years) or for everybody? In that case should I make photocopy of the form for each of us? Please answer on this point specialy.
5.Can anybody tell me what r the papers or things we should submit for our POLICE CERTIFICATE and where to submit them? I have already did our 250 tk. chalan.
6. We have very little money in our bank and properties r in my mothers name but my sister-in-law who stays in USA will give me affidavit of support for three years- will it be enough for four of us? by theway me and my husband- both r doctor.

Waiting for ur advices. Plz pray for me - Indeed I need the visa very badly.
SOHANA

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sohana
Congratulations

I am DV 2008 winner from Bangladesh and will face embassy next month.

As per my discussion with different persons and experience I try to answer your questions.

1. Max. Suggested Dr. M. A. Wahab and its required two days. (2 copy pic, appointment letter and Original passport)

2. Which documents were not in English should be translated like educational certificates, mark sheets, admit cards etc.

3. Police clearance certificate required to attest from Foreign Ministry. (documents required police certificate with notary, photocopy of passport)

4. I have no idea regarding this question

5. You have to collect police certificate from Deputy Commissioner of Police, Ramna near Ramna Thana. Required 7 Days

Documents required
- Application (Address to Deputy Police Commissioner, Dhaka Metropolitan Police, Dhaka) subject: Police clearance.
- Attested copy of passport
- challan copy (original)

Its very important because after getting police certificate you have to attest from Foreign Ministry. So, take process ASAP.

6. As I discussed with different personnel this is not applicable for Bangladeshi.

Please update me if anything wrong from my side. Wish your best of luck.
You can email to me maopurahman@yahoo.com

Thanks//