Goodluck to all ..

saras76

Banned
A lot of us are going to be current tomorrow and I wanted to wish us all some good luck. Although a lot of us will probably face more challenges in the coming month, lets hope a majority of us get out of this "immigration black hole".

Lets keep eachother posted on new developments with our cases because we may be able to impact our case with useful information.

cheers,

saras

Good Luck To U as well !!

Saras,

Good Luck Buddy !! Good Luck Everyone !!

Cheers,
JMJ

Not a good start for LUD hunter's

USCIS Announcement of Outage of Part of Its Website This Weekend

* On Friday June 1, 2007, at 9 PM EDT, certain USCIS web-based systems will be taken out of service for maintenance upgrades. They should be restored by the morning of Monday June 3, 2007. These systems include:
o Case Status Online (and processing times)
Field Office Locator and Information
Civil Surgeon Locator; and
Change of Address Online
* Those who need access to these sites for urgent work should take care of their job before 9:00 p.m. EST today.

Good luck to all including me.
I remember in 2005 they were sending emails at midnight on fridays also. So if Case Status Online is offline then I wonder if we would be able to check status or get any email over the weekend.

USCIS Announcement of Outage of Part of Its Website This Weekend

* On Friday June 1, 2007, at 9 PM EDT, certain USCIS web-based systems will be taken out of service for maintenance upgrades. They should be restored by the morning of Monday June 3, 2007. These systems include:
o Case Status Online (and processing times)
Field Office Locator and Information
Civil Surgeon Locator; and
Change of Address Online
* Those who need access to these sites for urgent work should take care of their job before 9:00 p.m. EST today.

Ok! I agree that my imagination could be far fetched but I just wanted to say it. I'm saying that this might not necessarily be a bad thing. Maybe USCIS getting ready with a system upgrade for bulk notification :p :p . Afterall the system that handles 1-2 approvals (sarcasm) a day might go berserk when sending so many approval emails :D

Yes

A lot of us are going to be current tomorrow and I wanted to wish us all some good luck. Although a lot of us will probably face more challenges in the coming month, lets hope a majority of us get out of this "immigration black hole".

Lets keep eachother posted on new developments with our cases because we may be able to impact our case with useful information.

cheers,

saras

Good luck to all of you who have filed their 485 already and been waiting forever for the visa #s. I am sure you will be hearing good news in the coming days. :)
Also, Good Luck to all others who will be filing their 485 in June and coming months. I am not sure where these new 485 applications stand in processing queue, but some day we will hear our share of good news. Hopefully soon enough.
Please keep sharing any updates to your case(s) here in this thread to keep us all posted how they are processing the cases. :)

~~~
EB2/PD-October 2003/140 Approved:Jan'2007/485 Filing June 1 2007

cheers,

saras

It's showtime. WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST

All,

Best of luck us all.
To add to it.. I luckily got good rep on phone at TSC. She mentioned to me my security checks are cleared and case is waiting for getting assigned to officer.
I asked her when will it get assigned she mentioned, becuase thjis is thecase transferred from another centre (VSC) it will get assigned as per its queue.
Well she couldnt explain the queue part.

Anywasy I'am happy to know my security checks are cleared.
I think I'am going to initiate service enquiry as early as tomm morning.

If any of you have any suggestions regarding this please let me know between now and tomm.

Once again Best luck !!!

thanks

Good luck indeed...

...to you Saras and all others who have FILED I-485 years ago and are awaiting a visa number.

The ones who are eligible to file come tomorrow will be glald to do so as well.

However, why I don't expect to see miracles or magic in early June...two friends of mine with PD's of Sep. 2000 and Dec. 2000, and are current for many many months now have not received their GCs yet. They have finished all the formalities, including I-485, FP's etc. etc. Name check may be an issue but one of them has been told that he has cleared that hurdle.

So, what are the odds that folks (even if they are few and far between) who have filed months and years before us 2001 folks won't be put ahead in the queue (as they should be) before we see any sign of GC knocking in our mailboxes?

I'll count my chickens when they hatch...with USCIS, it's NOT over till it's over.

I don't think anything is going to happen on June 1st, if something has to happen it will be mid June. Don't forget it is USCIS.

What a coincident, anyway congrats to eligible happiers.

Wish they issue as many green cards and make some room for us ;)

Ok! I agree that my imagination could be far fetched but I just wanted to say it. I'm saying that this might not necessarily be a bad thing. Maybe USCIS getting ready with a system upgrade for bulk notification :p :p . Afterall the system that handles 1-2 approvals (sarcasm) a day might go berserk when sending so many approval emails :D

I do not expect much too. They increased fees heavily. So we do not know what must be their game plan behind brains. Though I do not expect many, But hopefully there will be few approvals by the middle of the month. If we miss the train, next train can be late by years. Anyway let us keep up the optimism.

I don't think anything is going to happen on June 1st, if something has to happen it will be mid June. Don't forget it is USCIS.

One of my frind got approval today

He got approval email for him and his wife and also LUD changed today.
PD same as mine.

He got approval email for him and his wife and also LUD changed today.
PD same as mine.

Do you have more information on your friend's case ... i.e.
  • PD
  • Country
  • Service Center
  • 485 ND
  • Case transfer date (if any)
  • LUD pattern

We (Me and him) filed through the same company in NSC

HI Sara's

We (Me and him) filed through the same company in NSC.
We bothswitched comany's couple of times with out filing AC-21.

Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks.

Mine is a different scenario.

My LIN number is not showing up in case status online. I'm getting a message that "Case status retrieval failed and call USCIS in case I've any questions". I actually created an account on case status online and saved all my LIN no's there. I used to see some old message about my FPs even though the last updated date was changing.

I called USCIS on 05/15 and she told me that she can see my case online and as per her it's waiting with an Immigration officer and it was waiting for VISA availability. I asked her if she can confirm that everything else like name check/back ground verification etc done or not. She replied to me that my case is waiting with an Immigration officer and she cannot provide any other details. I asked her why I'm not able to see my status online and she said this might happen some times when your case is at the final stages. I asked if she can do something so that I can see my info online and she replied in negative. She told me that I should receive an email about my latest enquiry shortly.

I didn't receive any till now. But when I log in to my account, I can see the LUD (against my I-485 rcpt no) is reflecting my latest enquiry date (05/15). But if I click on that to see if there is any change in the status, I'm getting a slightly diff message
"Case Status Retrieval Failed.
The status for this Receipt Number is incomplete at this time in this automated system and can not be displayed. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center."

I don't know what to do.

Anyone else also experienced anything similar?

I have the exact same experience and I took an infopass appt and as per the officer my case is just awaiting visa availability.

So even yours could be the same status as mine.

Goodluck!