Good skill set

sameer89

Registered Users (C)
Guys and gals,
Do you know of any good skill set in IT which fetches a good rate( i.e above the usual 45- 55$ per hr range). I need some skill set which is coming up. I am a Sr Delphi programmer and recently got GC and I am sick and tired of getting less salary. Also do you know of any job openings or companies that use Delphi in the Atlanta,GA area. Also how do I go about improving my OOAD skills.

Sameer

"EXPERIENCED" Interviewers

I do agree with the assertion that an "experienced" interviewer can sniff out any anamolies in the resume but how many of the interviewers are experienced enough??? I have 9 years of working experience with Java/J2EE Technologies and even today I get interviewers asking me the difference between a interface and an abstract class. One of the major reasons that people pad their resumes and get away with it is because of these interviewers.
Also, I do not understand why even Green Card holders work for less than market rate even in this good market. They are keeping the rate artificially low which is not only hurting them but others as well.

I had to vent this...Sorry if I have digressed from the original topic....

JoeF said:
Do you want to pad your resume? Forget that. Any experienced interviewer can quickly discover if you just threw some buzzwords in there.
I have conducted interviews for my former employer, and it is easy to expose such resume padding.
If you want to acquire specific skills, that's a different thing, and takes time and effort. You can get a lot of experience if you work on Open Source projects (that's mostly C, though, but for a good SW developer, language shouldn't matter; and it requires quite some time commitment.)