Good place to live

m_kandy

Registered Users (C)
Got stamped. Working as software consultant.

I am family man with 1 kid and expecting another.

Within a year or so I am planning to move to another city.
First, let me list the factors I am considering

1. Weather(I like the weather in North Carolina)
2. Should be able to find a another job incase of lay off in the same city.
3. Not too expensive to live
4. Good schools
5. Less crime rates.
6. Should not be big city like new york, Detroit etc.

Here are some of the cities recommended by friends and others,

Charlotte (North Carolina)
Raleigh (North Carolina)
Verginia(some of the cities)
Dalles
Austin

Can you please give your suggestions. Also do you know any forums that discuss this kind of messages?

Thanks

Have you thought of Atlanta, specially in the suburbs its really family friendly and many job ipportunities, also very close to your current location.

Regards

kerberos72 said:
Have you thought of Atlanta, specially in the suburbs its really family friendly and many job ipportunities, also very close to your current location.

My thoughts as well, especially if the Southern climate is to your liking. Pretty vibrant IT job market, too.

Inspire said:
This thread was initiated by me. I am happy to let you know that I have found a job in Atlanta and in the process of moving there right now.

Glad that you got a job in the place you wanted. From the above discussion, it seems that Atlanta, Chicago and Bay area are the best. I personally loved Atlanta (i lived there for 6 months). I always wanted to work there again. But i am very happy with living in NJ because even though the place is not great, the job market is great and being an indian, i got good friends/relatives network here. I like cold climate so it suits me here.