Good or Bad news?..Our I485 case transfered from VSC to MISSOURI SC..rd: 01/22/2002

feb6361

Registered Users (C)
I don't know it's a good news or bad news:

On October 29, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

My case (Future employment + AC21) detail is as follows:

RD: 01/22/2002
ND: 02/04/2002
FP1: 05/22/2002
RFE Issued: 08/06/2003 (Emp letter, 2 months pay stuff, tax/w2 for 2 yers) They send RFE notice to wrong company address
RFE received: 09/11/2003

AR-11: 10/06/2003 (Moved to Atlanta/GA from NJ)
Case transfer: 10/29/2003 (from VSC to MISSOURI)
AD: God knows!!

Is this a bad or good news?

Please respond to my question..

Thank you!

Originally posted by feb6361
I don't know it's a good news or bad news:

On October 29, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

My case (Future employment + AC21) detail is as follows:

RD: 01/22/2002
ND: 02/04/2002
FP1: 05/22/2002
RFE Issued: 08/06/2003 (Emp letter, 2 months pay stuff, tax/w2 for 2 yers) They send RFE notice to wrong company address
RFE received: 09/11/2003

AR-11: 10/06/2003 (Moved to Atlanta/GA from NJ)
Case transfer: 10/29/2003 (from VSC to MISSOURI)
AD: God knows!!

Is this a bad or good news?

The reason you did not get any response so far is probably no one knows for sure as in past, there were no known transfers to the MSC. However, recently two/three cases were reported on this forum having been transferred to the MSC and since these were very recent cases, interviews/adjudications haven't happened yet - so probably no one at present is in position to respond to you with any first-hand information/experience.

Said that, at least your I-485 got one stage closer to the final decision and it should be taken as positive development in my view (though others can disagree).

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Jigesh,

Thank you so much for response!

I checked my case status on phone yesterday night and got different message that my case transfered to CHICAGO, IL. I don't know, what is going on?

I moved to ATLANTA/GA and how come they transfered case to MSC or CHICAGO,IL?

I have to wait for transfer notice in mail now.

What a mess..!!

Thank you again!

Originally posted by jigesh
The reason you did not get any response so far is probably no one knows for sure as in past, there were no known transfers to the MSC. However, recently two/three cases were reported on this forum having been transferred to the MSC and since these were very recent cases, interviews/adjudications haven't happened yet - so probably no one at present is in position to respond to you with any first-hand information/experience.

Said that, at least your I-485 got one stage closer to the final decision and it should be taken as positive development in my view (though others can disagree).

Best wishes,

Jigesh

I checked my case status on phone yesterday night and got different message that my case transfered to CHICAGO, IL. I don't know, what is going on?

You heard right - Missouri service center is located at:
1907-1909 S Blue Island Avenue
Chicago, IL 60608

Jigesh,

Thank you so much for your prompt response! You know just now I called NSC phone no. and talked to tier II officer and asked to findout where my case got transfer? I told her that online message is saying MSC and phone message saying CHICAGO, IL. She asked me where do you live and I told her that I moved from NJ to Atlanta. Then she asked me to wait and she said I don't know...and I hang up the phone.

By the way, thank you again for clarifing.

Originally posted by jigesh
You heard right - Missouri service center is located at:
1907-1909 S Blue Island Avenue
Chicago, IL 60608

My case was transferred to MSC recently,

so was lgwait's and another case. You can type "Missouri Service Center" in the search box and see those threads.

Just like you, I do not know whether this is good or bad news. Is there a phone number for MSC so we can call?

Re: My case was transferred to MSC recently,

Juliojulio,

Thank you very much for your reply and nice to see someone out there like me. I will post my detail if I will hear someting.

Thank you again and Good luck!!

Originally posted by juliojulio
so was lgwait's and another case. You can type "Missouri Service Center" in the search box and see those threads.

Just like you, I do not know whether this is good or bad news. Is there a phone number for MSC so we can call?

It's probably for load sharing reasons, I read about it some where recently (I can't remember where).

feb6361,
Only family based petitions are transferred to MSC.

Are you from Special Registration country???

CIS confuses us.

Edison,

Mine is EB petition not a family based petitions, I have posted all detail in my original post. Yes, I have my spouse and 2 sons with same petitions.

No...I am not from Special Registration country. I am from India..

Thank you so much for all nice work you do here!

Originally posted by Edison
feb6361,
Only family based petitions are transferred to MSC.

Are you from Special Registration country???

CIS confuses us.

Edison,
I am from Special Registeration country (Pakistan). Do you know if all cases are now forwarded to MSC. I filed in April and have a receipt date of April 15 2003. I have still not received any FP notice or anything since then did get my EAD card within 30 days though. Also filed in Atlanta. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

QCO

245i caess

If its 245i case it is likely to be transferred to Missouri center.
Missouri center also processes life act.

Also are they just sending the I-485 applications there or also the I-30 applications to MSC.

Thanks,

QCO

Re: My case was transferred to MSC recently,

juliojulio,

Please keep inform each other here, if we will find more detail
about how MSC will be going to process our cases.

Thank you!

feb6361, i will do my best...

On another note, I talked to my local Congresswoman's Office (New York City) yesterday. The person in charge of I-485 cases (yes, there is a person working on just I-485 cases at her office) said that "MSC was better equipped to process I-485 cases, not just family based, but also employment based. MSC is sharing some loads from other centers, etc."

He said he was going to send a letter to MSC. He then said that I should expect a notice from the Congresswoman's office notifying me that they are working on my case.

I felt that was of some help because I do not have a phone number for MSC to call (that national # does not help much--I get different answers almost every time), nor do I have the exact address for MSC to write to (Jigesh provided an address in this thread, but other sources show different addresses--I am not sure which one is correct). I hope the Congresswoman's Office knows the right addess :).

I suggest that you do the same--contact your local Congressman/woman's Office. At least it won't hurt (I think).

Thx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: feb6361, i will do my best...

juliojulio,

Very good info and nice suggestion..I will try to contact them next week here in Atlanta and update here.

Thank you again!

On another note, I talked to my local Congresswoman's Office (New York City) yesterday. The person in charge of I-485 cases (yes, there is a person working on just I-485 cases at her office) said that "MSC was better equipped to process I-485 cases, not just family based, but also employment based. MSC is sharing some loads from other centers, etc."

He said he was going to send a letter to MSC. He then said that I should expect a notice from the Congresswoman's office notifying me that they are working on my case.

I felt that was of some help because I do not have a phone number for MSC to call (that national # does not help much--I get different answers almost every time), nor do I have the exact address for MSC to write to (Jigesh provided an address in this thread, but other sources show different addresses--I am not sure which one is correct). I hope the Congresswoman's Office knows the right addess :).

I suggest that you do the same--contact your local Congressman/woman's Office. At least it won't hurt (I think).

Thx.

rajum,

Mine is a regular employment 485 case EB3 category, Country: India, rest detail in my first post. I was in NJ for past 6 years and moved to Atlanta in OCT-2003. I don't know what triggered our case (myself + wife + 2 sons) transfered from VSC to MSC. Only thing I did differently was I informed VSC in writing also for the change of address and in cover letter, requested them to expediently adjudicate our I-485 case explaining what are the severe financial/personal benefits/privileges we are losing due to hugh dely.

VSC did address change and next day they transferred our cases to MSC.

Thanks..

Originally posted by rajum
feb6361,
By any chance , is your case 245(i) one or regular 485.

-rajum