good news media is looking at our lawsuit

sadly all these are indian publications, read predominantly by indians. we need to get some local exposure here in the US.

Goober

The fact is, we are trying to reach out to ethnic media only. This is the view shared by majority people, although some people feel that we should goto mainstream media also. We can goto mainstream media if this problem belongs to the mainstream. But it's not the case. If we goto mainstream media with our story, we are very much likely to face some strong replies (letters to the editors etc) from people who lost their jobs or those wh are feeling insecure about their jobs. These people definitely do not like employment based GC applicants. We are likely to be viewed as a competition to them. Just imagine how many greencard holding indians will support our cause wholeheartedly and work for us ? I would say < 5%. We are still going to ethnic media because we hope that the community leaders (indian american politicians) will read it and try to help us. It is just a hope.

Originally posted by dsatish
The fact is, we are trying to reach out to ethnic media only. This is the view shared by majority people, although some people feel that we should goto mainstream media also. We can goto mainstream media if this problem belongs to the mainstream. But it's not the case. If we goto mainstream media with our story, we are very much likely to face some strong replies (letters to the editors etc) from people who lost their jobs or those wh are feeling insecure about their jobs. These people definitely do not like employment based GC applicants. We are likely to be viewed as a competition to them. Just imagine how many greencard holding indians will support our cause wholeheartedly and work for us ? I would say < 5%. We are still going to ethnic media because we hope that the community leaders (indian american politicians) will read it and try to help us. It is just a hope.

dsatish,

We are going to ALL MAINSTREAM MEDIA also. There are no constraints here. Personally I do not agree with what you just posted. Media is Media; thre is no distinction. The San Jose Mercury News is a very mainstrean media. tr22 posted and contacted 1700 media. ilw is a wide immigration site..
The freedom of speech and the press covers all media. Our story belongs everywhere and affects thousands of people of every ethnic origin and profession. We are not hiding it in Ethnic media only..that is why no matter what you think or anybody else, I contacted the AP, Reuters, ACLU, etc to begin with.
I will follow up with what I believe is right and helpful.
Indian politicians is just one group. Hope or no hope. There is no reliance on a signle group alone..

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by cinta
dsatish,

We are going to ALL MAINSTREAM MEDIA also. There are no constraints here. Personally I do not agree with what you just posted. Media is Media; thre is no distinction. The San Jose Mercury News is a very mainstrean media. tr22 posted and contacted 1700 media. ilw is a wide immigration site..
The freedom of speech and the press covers all media. Our story belongs everywhere and affects thousands of people of every ethnic origin and profession. We are not hiding it in Ethnic media only..that is why no matter what you think or anybody else, I contacted the AP, Reuters, ACLU, etc to begin with.
I will follow up with what I believe is right and helpful.
Indian politicians is just one group. Hope or no hope. There is no reliance on a signle group alone..

You are absolutely right . It is common sense.
JUST IGORE IMMATURE FELLOWS:D:D